Blog: Coke and Pepsi - where are they not number one?
Olly Wehring | 11 June 2008
Back into London town again yesterday (10 June) to attend the British Soft Drinks Association's annual industry lunch. A most entertaining affair, made all the more pleasant by my table partners from AG Barr.
The UK-based company is the proud owner of the soft drink brand Irn Bru, which, I found out at lunch, sells a staggering 12 cans a second to the 6m Scots. Indeed, Scotland is one of only three soft drinks markets around the world in which neither Coca-Cola nor Pepsi holds the top brand, I discovered.
So, drinks folk, it's pub quiz time.
Can you name the other two?
First correct answer gets a can of Irn-Bru. Possibly.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits