Blog: Coke and Pepsi - where are they not number one?
Olly Wehring | 11 June 2008
Back into London town again yesterday (10 June) to attend the British Soft Drinks Association's annual industry lunch. A most entertaining affair, made all the more pleasant by my table partners from AG Barr.
The UK-based company is the proud owner of the soft drink brand Irn Bru, which, I found out at lunch, sells a staggering 12 cans a second to the 6m Scots. Indeed, Scotland is one of only three soft drinks markets around the world in which neither Coca-Cola nor Pepsi holds the top brand, I discovered.
So, drinks folk, it's pub quiz time.
Can you name the other two?
First correct answer gets a can of Irn-Bru. Possibly.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research