Blog: Coke and Pepsi - where are they not number one?
Olly Wehring | 11 June 2008
Back into London town again yesterday (10 June) to attend the British Soft Drinks Association's annual industry lunch. A most entertaining affair, made all the more pleasant by my table partners from AG Barr.
The UK-based company is the proud owner of the soft drink brand Irn Bru, which, I found out at lunch, sells a staggering 12 cans a second to the 6m Scots. Indeed, Scotland is one of only three soft drinks markets around the world in which neither Coca-Cola nor Pepsi holds the top brand, I discovered.
So, drinks folk, it's pub quiz time.
Can you name the other two?
First correct answer gets a can of Irn-Bru. Possibly.
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends