Blog: Coke and Pepsi race for the line - Pepsi leads
Chris Brook-Carter | 4 August 2004
The battle between Coca-Cola and Pepsi has had many colourful twists and turns. So many, indeed, that some have suggested the two get in the ring and slug it out like real men. Well, the two of them have taken to competing on the race track, instead.
A Nascar driver who is sponsored by Pepsi, has been fined for covering a bottle of Coke’s Powerade sports drink with a sign after he won a race at the weekend.
Jimmie Johnson climbed from his car after winning the Pennsylvania 500 and placed a sign for his primary sponsor, Lowe’s Companies, in front of a bottle of Powerade which Nascar officials had placed on his car.
Johnson, who was fined US$10,000, said that he was trying to follow Nascar’s orders and protect a sponsor.
Pepsi 1-0 Coke, then?
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends