Blog: Coke and Pepsi race for the line - Pepsi leads
Chris Brook-Carter | 4 August 2004
The battle between Coca-Cola and Pepsi has had many colourful twists and turns. So many, indeed, that some have suggested the two get in the ring and slug it out like real men. Well, the two of them have taken to competing on the race track, instead.
A Nascar driver who is sponsored by Pepsi, has been fined for covering a bottle of Coke’s Powerade sports drink with a sign after he won a race at the weekend.
Jimmie Johnson climbed from his car after winning the Pennsylvania 500 and placed a sign for his primary sponsor, Lowe’s Companies, in front of a bottle of Powerade which Nascar officials had placed on his car.
Johnson, who was fined US$10,000, said that he was trying to follow Nascar’s orders and protect a sponsor.
Pepsi 1-0 Coke, then?
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends