Blog: Coke and Pepsi race for the line - Pepsi leads
Chris Brook-Carter | 4 August 2004
The battle between Coca-Cola and Pepsi has had many colourful twists and turns. So many, indeed, that some have suggested the two get in the ring and slug it out like real men. Well, the two of them have taken to competing on the race track, instead.
A Nascar driver who is sponsored by Pepsi, has been fined for covering a bottle of Coke’s Powerade sports drink with a sign after he won a race at the weekend.
Jimmie Johnson climbed from his car after winning the Pennsylvania 500 and placed a sign for his primary sponsor, Lowe’s Companies, in front of a bottle of Powerade which Nascar officials had placed on his car.
Johnson, who was fined US$10,000, said that he was trying to follow Nascar’s orders and protect a sponsor.
Pepsi 1-0 Coke, then?
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
In yet one more sign that The Coca-Cola Co is losing its lustre, the soft drinks maker has, for the first time, fallen out of the top ten of a 'world's biggest brands' ranking....
What a week for stats! Yesterday, the Beverage Marketing Corporation released figures to show the bottled water market had more than doubled over the past 15 years in the US....
The Euro 2016 football tournament is almost upon us....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends