Blog: Coke and Pepsi race for the line - Pepsi leads
Chris Brook-Carter | 4 August 2004
The battle between Coca-Cola and Pepsi has had many colourful twists and turns. So many, indeed, that some have suggested the two get in the ring and slug it out like real men. Well, the two of them have taken to competing on the race track, instead.
A Nascar driver who is sponsored by Pepsi, has been fined for covering a bottle of Coke’s Powerade sports drink with a sign after he won a race at the weekend.
Jimmie Johnson climbed from his car after winning the Pennsylvania 500 and placed a sign for his primary sponsor, Lowe’s Companies, in front of a bottle of Powerade which Nascar officials had placed on his car.
Johnson, who was fined US$10,000, said that he was trying to follow Nascar’s orders and protect a sponsor.
Pepsi 1-0 Coke, then?
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends