Blog: Coke and Pepsi race for the line - Pepsi leads
Chris Brook-Carter | 4 August 2004
The battle between Coca-Cola and Pepsi has had many colourful twists and turns. So many, indeed, that some have suggested the two get in the ring and slug it out like real men. Well, the two of them have taken to competing on the race track, instead.
A Nascar driver who is sponsored by Pepsi, has been fined for covering a bottle of Coke’s Powerade sports drink with a sign after he won a race at the weekend.
Jimmie Johnson climbed from his car after winning the Pennsylvania 500 and placed a sign for his primary sponsor, Lowe’s Companies, in front of a bottle of Powerade which Nascar officials had placed on his car.
Johnson, who was fined US$10,000, said that he was trying to follow Nascar’s orders and protect a sponsor.
Pepsi 1-0 Coke, then?
Want to know how The Coca-Cola Co-backed Keurig Kold - released in the US yesterday - works?...
While analysts mull the numbers of Anheuser-Busch InBev's impending offer for SABMiller, there's a timely reminder in The Times newspaper this week that the proposed deal may yet fall victim to other ...
Part of my lot on just-drinks is to nail down senior executives within our industry – the more senior the better. I've enjoyed interviewing many of the CEOs within our ranks, but one that I have never...
Sometimes, it's the simple things in life that are the most satisfying. Like a good book and a decent glass of wine......
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- The new Johnnie Walker ad and today's consumers
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Moet Hennessy hails Formula One deal for Chandon
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research