Blog: Coke Amatil - makes ties with one, cuts loose of another?
Olly Wehring | 15 November 2006
The highlight of last week on just-drinks was the announcement that Coca-Cola Amatil has secured a tie-up with Maxxium in Australia.
The deal will see CCA’s joint venture with SABMiller, Pacific Beverages, sell and distribute Maxxium’s spirits portfolio across the country, as well as producing Beam Global Spirits & Wine’s RTD portfolio. In just one sentence, then, we see a company that specialises in soft drinks set to sell beer and spirits.
The move is a canny one, with CCA spreading itself but not overstretching itself. The crossover is not tenuous and, with Maxxium Australia helping out on the side, CCA is set for a whole new adventure.
What it might do, however, is take CCA out of the reckoning when it comes to buying New Zealand spirits group Independent Liquor. It looks like CCA will have its hands full for the time being. Meanwhile, our spies tell us that an announcement on who has won the race for Independent will be made in a matter of days.
Keep with just-drinks and, as usual, you’ll be the first to know.
Forget gluten-free. Fodmaps are the latest food trend, and if you work in the soft drinks industry it is important to know where you stand with them....
Companies are very protective of their brand image. So it is refreshing to hear Diageo's Garbhan O’Bric, the global brand director for Baileys, speak the unvarnished truth when talking about the lique...
Alcohol companies love a good movie tie-in. A brush with Hollywood glamour seems to give marketers the warm and fuzzies, judging by the number of deals done over the past few years. The new James Bond...
just-drinks is in Cannes this week at the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Trave...
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- This week in spirits & wine
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019