Blog: Coke Amatil - makes ties with one, cuts loose of another?
Olly Wehring | 15 November 2006
The highlight of last week on just-drinks was the announcement that Coca-Cola Amatil has secured a tie-up with Maxxium in Australia.
The deal will see CCA’s joint venture with SABMiller, Pacific Beverages, sell and distribute Maxxium’s spirits portfolio across the country, as well as producing Beam Global Spirits & Wine’s RTD portfolio. In just one sentence, then, we see a company that specialises in soft drinks set to sell beer and spirits.
The move is a canny one, with CCA spreading itself but not overstretching itself. The crossover is not tenuous and, with Maxxium Australia helping out on the side, CCA is set for a whole new adventure.
What it might do, however, is take CCA out of the reckoning when it comes to buying New Zealand spirits group Independent Liquor. It looks like CCA will have its hands full for the time being. Meanwhile, our spies tell us that an announcement on who has won the race for Independent will be made in a matter of days.
Keep with just-drinks and, as usual, you’ll be the first to know.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends