Blog: Coke Amatil - makes ties with one, cuts loose of another?
Olly Wehring | 15 November 2006
The highlight of last week on just-drinks was the announcement that Coca-Cola Amatil has secured a tie-up with Maxxium in Australia.
The deal will see CCA’s joint venture with SABMiller, Pacific Beverages, sell and distribute Maxxium’s spirits portfolio across the country, as well as producing Beam Global Spirits & Wine’s RTD portfolio. In just one sentence, then, we see a company that specialises in soft drinks set to sell beer and spirits.
The move is a canny one, with CCA spreading itself but not overstretching itself. The crossover is not tenuous and, with Maxxium Australia helping out on the side, CCA is set for a whole new adventure.
What it might do, however, is take CCA out of the reckoning when it comes to buying New Zealand spirits group Independent Liquor. It looks like CCA will have its hands full for the time being. Meanwhile, our spies tell us that an announcement on who has won the race for Independent will be made in a matter of days.
Keep with just-drinks and, as usual, you’ll be the first to know.
Knowledge is power, or so they claim. So, with that in mind, here's an infographic, courtesy of Australian company Hangover Revivol, that breaks down exactly what is behind the common hangover....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring William Grant & Sons, the Southern hemisphere's winemakers, SABMiller and Heineken, and Coke Light....
How many beer mugs can one man carry? ...
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Pernod Ricard, The Coca-Cola Co, SABMiller's new Scotch whisky and Santa Rita Estates....
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014