Blog: Coca-Cola's approach to rubbish
Olly Wehring | 24 June 2009
How's this for a load of old rubbish?
Poor, I know, but on my many (alright, three) walks on the Sussex Downs in the south of England, I've often come across the odd rusting drinks can or two. Were I to head down this week, however, I'd stumble over around 200,000 of the pesky things.
Hats off to Coca-Cola GB, though, for putting these cans to good use – a 50m postcard atop the cliffs of the Sussex coastline to mark the beginning of Recycle Week this week.
Ans worry not, at the end of Recycle Week all these cans will be recycled saving enough energy to keep a television running for 70 years.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends