Blog: Coca-Cola recipe finally revealed?
Michelle Russell | 14 February 2011
It's a secret that has remained closely guarded for well over a century, and one supposedly known by only a handful of top executives. Yes, I'm talking about the recipe for Coca-Cola. Mystery has always shrouded the exact recipe, despite much speculation. Until now ... maybe ... .
US-based website thisamericanlife.org claims to have uncovered the precise formula written by the inventor of the beverage John Pemberton from 1886. The publication has printed a photograph of someone holding open what is purported to be a replica of Pemberton's recipe book listing the ingredients.
The image is from a 1979 edition of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
For those who fancy giving the recipe a whirl, the website lists the full ingredients.
But now we have the recipe for Coca-Cola, the website might want to work on the recipes of Irn-Bru, Dr Pepper, Benedictine and Angostura bitters – also beverages with closely guarded formulas.
Coca-Cola did not return comment on the reports when contacted by just-drinks.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery