Blog: Coca-Cola recipe finally revealed?
Michelle Russell | 14 February 2011
It's a secret that has remained closely guarded for well over a century, and one supposedly known by only a handful of top executives. Yes, I'm talking about the recipe for Coca-Cola. Mystery has always shrouded the exact recipe, despite much speculation. Until now ... maybe ... .
US-based website thisamericanlife.org claims to have uncovered the precise formula written by the inventor of the beverage John Pemberton from 1886. The publication has printed a photograph of someone holding open what is purported to be a replica of Pemberton's recipe book listing the ingredients.
The image is from a 1979 edition of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
For those who fancy giving the recipe a whirl, the website lists the full ingredients.
But now we have the recipe for Coca-Cola, the website might want to work on the recipes of Irn-Bru, Dr Pepper, Benedictine and Angostura bitters – also beverages with closely guarded formulas.
Coca-Cola did not return comment on the reports when contacted by just-drinks.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends