Blog: Coca-Cola recipe finally revealed?
Michelle Russell | 14 February 2011
It's a secret that has remained closely guarded for well over a century, and one supposedly known by only a handful of top executives. Yes, I'm talking about the recipe for Coca-Cola. Mystery has always shrouded the exact recipe, despite much speculation. Until now ... maybe ... .
US-based website thisamericanlife.org claims to have uncovered the precise formula written by the inventor of the beverage John Pemberton from 1886. The publication has printed a photograph of someone holding open what is purported to be a replica of Pemberton's recipe book listing the ingredients.
The image is from a 1979 edition of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
For those who fancy giving the recipe a whirl, the website lists the full ingredients.
But now we have the recipe for Coca-Cola, the website might want to work on the recipes of Irn-Bru, Dr Pepper, Benedictine and Angostura bitters – also beverages with closely guarded formulas.
Coca-Cola did not return comment on the reports when contacted by just-drinks.
Paul Walsh just can't stay away from the drinks industry....
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report