Blog: Coca-Cola recipe finally revealed?
Michelle Russell | 14 February 2011
It's a secret that has remained closely guarded for well over a century, and one supposedly known by only a handful of top executives. Yes, I'm talking about the recipe for Coca-Cola. Mystery has always shrouded the exact recipe, despite much speculation. Until now ... maybe ... .
US-based website thisamericanlife.org claims to have uncovered the precise formula written by the inventor of the beverage John Pemberton from 1886. The publication has printed a photograph of someone holding open what is purported to be a replica of Pemberton's recipe book listing the ingredients.
The image is from a 1979 edition of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
For those who fancy giving the recipe a whirl, the website lists the full ingredients.
But now we have the recipe for Coca-Cola, the website might want to work on the recipes of Irn-Bru, Dr Pepper, Benedictine and Angostura bitters – also beverages with closely guarded formulas.
Coca-Cola did not return comment on the reports when contacted by just-drinks.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends