Blog: Coca-Cola recipe finally revealed?
Michelle Russell | 14 February 2011
It's a secret that has remained closely guarded for well over a century, and one supposedly known by only a handful of top executives. Yes, I'm talking about the recipe for Coca-Cola. Mystery has always shrouded the exact recipe, despite much speculation. Until now ... maybe ... .
US-based website thisamericanlife.org claims to have uncovered the precise formula written by the inventor of the beverage John Pemberton from 1886. The publication has printed a photograph of someone holding open what is purported to be a replica of Pemberton's recipe book listing the ingredients.
The image is from a 1979 edition of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
For those who fancy giving the recipe a whirl, the website lists the full ingredients.
But now we have the recipe for Coca-Cola, the website might want to work on the recipes of Irn-Bru, Dr Pepper, Benedictine and Angostura bitters – also beverages with closely guarded formulas.
Coca-Cola did not return comment on the reports when contacted by just-drinks.
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends