Blog: Coca-Cola Co turns consumers into hard copy with 3D printer
Andy Morton | 2 September 2013
I've written before about the Coca-Cola Co's chops in the marketing department, but its team in Israel has really pushed some boundaries.
To highlight the launch of a smaller bottle for brand Coca-Cola, the company brought winners of a nation-wide competition into a studio and used 3D printers to produce mini-me versions of them.
The results, as you can see from the above video, are strangely out of focus and, if I'm honest, a bit creepy. But you have to agree, it adds a whole new dimension to marketing.
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) is planning to roll out new Monster energy drinks in Europe, ahead of its expected bottler merger in the region....
Would the thought of working in a morgue stop you from drink driving? ...
You would be forgiven for thinking that the US cider boom is over. Sales growth of as much as 90% in the past few years has shrunk to double figures. ...
Heineken has unveiled a UK marketing campaign for John Smith's Golden Ale alongside football commentator and former Wales captain Robbie Savage....
The drinks industry could do more to benefit from new technology. ...
It's good to be in the bottled water business. According to Canadean, packaged water sales are expected to drive almost all of the net growth in beverage consumption over the next five years in the US...
The soft drinks world is abuzz today over what an executive shake-up at PepsiCo might mean to on-going speculation over CEO Indra Nooyi's successor....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Interview - Harviestoun Brewery MD Toby Knowles
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends