Blog: Coca-Cola Co steps out of the past with new UK home
Andy Morton | 17 July 2014
Last night, The Coca-Cola Co's UK division celebrated moving in to its stylish new central London headquarters with a barbecue on its roof-top terrace.
The staff have been there since April, but it was an opportunity to show off to press and clients its spacious decking and brightly-coloured open plan Marylebone offices. It was also a chance to banish the memories of Coca-Cola's previous HQ, a rather gloomy warren in Hammersmith sited between a busy road and a shopping mall.
Coca-Cola UK boss Jon Woods likened it to a bank in the 1980s, while a few other guests wondered aloud how a multi-national with the stature of Coca-Cola could have spent 23 years there.
There were some memorable moments, however, during those two and a bit decades, summed up by the Olympic torch that was unearthed in the move, a remnant of the Coca-Cola-sponsored London Olympics in 2012.
The torch now hangs on the memorabilia wall in the new office, a piece of Coca-Cola history that is now a small part of its future.
It is ironic that one of the newest beverage ingredient trends is linked to one of the oldest ingredients in traditional south Asian medicine. Ashwagandha has been a prized ingredient in Ayurvedic med...
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Earlier today, The Coca-Cola Co reported its first-quarter results, with organic sales and volumes growth both flat in the period. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by...
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World