Blog: Coca-Cola Co steps out of the past with new UK home
Andy Morton | 17 July 2014
Last night, The Coca-Cola Co's UK division celebrated moving in to its stylish new central London headquarters with a barbecue on its roof-top terrace.
The staff have been there since April, but it was an opportunity to show off to press and clients its spacious decking and brightly-coloured open plan Marylebone offices. It was also a chance to banish the memories of Coca-Cola's previous HQ, a rather gloomy warren in Hammersmith sited between a busy road and a shopping mall.
Coca-Cola UK boss Jon Woods likened it to a bank in the 1980s, while a few other guests wondered aloud how a multi-national with the stature of Coca-Cola could have spent 23 years there.
There were some memorable moments, however, during those two and a bit decades, summed up by the Olympic torch that was unearthed in the move, a remnant of the Coca-Cola-sponsored London Olympics in 2012.
The torch now hangs on the memorabilia wall in the new office, a piece of Coca-Cola history that is now a small part of its future.
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In achieving its goal to replenish water equivalent to its 2015 sales volumes "back to nature and communities", Coca-Cola gave itself a compelling sustainability story to tell consumers. Greg Koch, se...
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
In the US, carbonated water has become a non-alcoholic beverage star, as consumers choose sparkling waters and seltzers instead of carbonated soft drinks to cut calorie and sugar consumption. The same...
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- Coke Life - Coca-Cola's niche soda - Comment
- Global water targets risk hiding local concerns
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends