Blog: Coca-Cola Co steps out of the past with new UK home
Andy Morton | 17 July 2014
Last night, The Coca-Cola Co's UK division celebrated moving in to its stylish new central London headquarters with a barbecue on its roof-top terrace.
The staff have been there since April, but it was an opportunity to show off to press and clients its spacious decking and brightly-coloured open plan Marylebone offices. It was also a chance to banish the memories of Coca-Cola's previous HQ, a rather gloomy warren in Hammersmith sited between a busy road and a shopping mall.
Coca-Cola UK boss Jon Woods likened it to a bank in the 1980s, while a few other guests wondered aloud how a multi-national with the stature of Coca-Cola could have spent 23 years there.
There were some memorable moments, however, during those two and a bit decades, summed up by the Olympic torch that was unearthed in the move, a remnant of the Coca-Cola-sponsored London Olympics in 2012.
The torch now hangs on the memorabilia wall in the new office, a piece of Coca-Cola history that is now a small part of its future.
It seems even 250-year-old Cognac houses want to be like Google these days....
It's not even available on pre-order yet, but Apple's latest piece of kit has already got a breathalyser app....
just-drinks is now closed for the Easter weekend....
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets