Blog: Coca-Cola Co steps out of the past with new UK home
Andy Morton | 17 July 2014
Last night, The Coca-Cola Co's UK division celebrated moving in to its stylish new central London headquarters with a barbecue on its roof-top terrace.
The staff have been there since April, but it was an opportunity to show off to press and clients its spacious decking and brightly-coloured open plan Marylebone offices. It was also a chance to banish the memories of Coca-Cola's previous HQ, a rather gloomy warren in Hammersmith sited between a busy road and a shopping mall.
Coca-Cola UK boss Jon Woods likened it to a bank in the 1980s, while a few other guests wondered aloud how a multi-national with the stature of Coca-Cola could have spent 23 years there.
There were some memorable moments, however, during those two and a bit decades, summed up by the Olympic torch that was unearthed in the move, a remnant of the Coca-Cola-sponsored London Olympics in 2012.
The torch now hangs on the memorabilia wall in the new office, a piece of Coca-Cola history that is now a small part of its future.
Forget gluten-free. Fodmaps are the latest food trend, and if you work in the soft drinks industry it is important to know where you stand with them....
Companies are very protective of their brand image. So it is refreshing to hear Diageo's Garbhan O’Bric, the global brand director for Baileys, speak the unvarnished truth when talking about the lique...
Alcohol companies love a good movie tie-in. A brush with Hollywood glamour seems to give marketers the warm and fuzzies, judging by the number of deals done over the past few years. The new James Bond...
Groupe Danone is to launch a GBP2m marketing campaign in the UK next year to support its Volvic Touch of Fruit Sparkling range....
just-drinks is in Cannes this week at the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Trave...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- This week in spirits & wine
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts