Blog: Coca-Cola Co steps out of the past with new UK home
Andy Morton | 17 July 2014
Last night, The Coca-Cola Co's UK division celebrated moving in to its stylish new central London headquarters with a barbecue on its roof-top terrace.
The staff have been there since April, but it was an opportunity to show off to press and clients its spacious decking and brightly-coloured open plan Marylebone offices. It was also a chance to banish the memories of Coca-Cola's previous HQ, a rather gloomy warren in Hammersmith sited between a busy road and a shopping mall.
Coca-Cola UK boss Jon Woods likened it to a bank in the 1980s, while a few other guests wondered aloud how a multi-national with the stature of Coca-Cola could have spent 23 years there.
There were some memorable moments, however, during those two and a bit decades, summed up by the Olympic torch that was unearthed in the move, a remnant of the Coca-Cola-sponsored London Olympics in 2012.
The torch now hangs on the memorabilia wall in the new office, a piece of Coca-Cola history that is now a small part of its future.
Sean 'Diddy' Combs, the US rapper and entrepreneur, has publicly turned against his apparent former favourite Tequlia brand, Patron, now that he is joint-owner of DeLeón Tequila....
The Coca-Cola Co has spent a lot of money recently fighting accusations that soft drinks make you fat....
A new survey released today reveals that while 50% of UK workers would choose alcohol as a Christmas present from their employees, just 7% would opt for a charity donation sent on their behalf....
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Carlsberg, SABMiller, Campari, Monster Beverage Corp and the Australian wine industry....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- How Modern Marketing Compounds My Twitter Shame
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research