Blog: Coca-Cola Co & Monster - Did you get rich quick?
Olly Wehring | 1 May 2012
Here's what my news 'timeline' looked like this morning:
A story runs in a prominent newspaper, citing unidentified people familiar with the situation as saying that the Coca-Cola Co is in discussions to buy Monster Beverage Corp.
Then, some stories break saying that Monster's share-price has soared to an eight-year high.
Soon afterwards, Coca-Cola issues a statement, saying it is not in negotiations with Monster.
Finally, several news outlets say that Monster's share price has slipped back to pre-speculation levels.
I'll wager that someone, somewhere made a pretty penny in the last 24 hours.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Global Travel Retail - What is the Grey Market?
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne