Blog: Coca-Cola Co & Monster - Did you get rich quick?
Olly Wehring | 1 May 2012
Here's what my news 'timeline' looked like this morning:
A story runs in a prominent newspaper, citing unidentified people familiar with the situation as saying that the Coca-Cola Co is in discussions to buy Monster Beverage Corp.
Then, some stories break saying that Monster's share-price has soared to an eight-year high.
Soon afterwards, Coca-Cola issues a statement, saying it is not in negotiations with Monster.
Finally, several news outlets say that Monster's share price has slipped back to pre-speculation levels.
I'll wager that someone, somewhere made a pretty penny in the last 24 hours.
It seems even 250-year-old Cognac houses want to be like Google these days....
It's not even available on pre-order yet, but Apple's latest piece of kit has already got a breathalyser app....
just-drinks is now closed for the Easter weekend....
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Bacardi cuts jobs at Global Brands unit
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads
- Belvedere unveils executive team