Blog: Coca-Cola Co & Monster - Did you get rich quick?
Olly Wehring | 1 May 2012
Here's what my news 'timeline' looked like this morning:
A story runs in a prominent newspaper, citing unidentified people familiar with the situation as saying that the Coca-Cola Co is in discussions to buy Monster Beverage Corp.
Then, some stories break saying that Monster's share-price has soared to an eight-year high.
Soon afterwards, Coca-Cola issues a statement, saying it is not in negotiations with Monster.
Finally, several news outlets say that Monster's share price has slipped back to pre-speculation levels.
I'll wager that someone, somewhere made a pretty penny in the last 24 hours.
Would the thought of working in a morgue stop you from drink driving? ...
You would be forgiven for thinking that the US cider boom is over. Sales growth of as much as 90% in the past few years has shrunk to double figures. ...
The drinks industry could do more to benefit from new technology. ...
The soft drinks world is abuzz today over what an executive shake-up at PepsiCo might mean to on-going speculation over CEO Indra Nooyi's successor....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends