Blog: Coc-Hair Cola
Chris Brook-Carter | 7 April 2004
A Japanese man is suing Coke over his hair loss, it has been reported. Masaharu Takasu has filed a lawsuit against PT Coca-Cola Indonesia after drinking a bottle of Coke containing a piece of mosquito coil.
Last October, his lawyer claims, Takasu bought a bottle of Coke in the South Jakarta region of Indonesia. He drank two-fifths of the bottle and soon after felt a burning sensation in his throat and chest. Upon inspecting the inside of the bottle, he found a piece of mosquito coil floating on the beverage.
Coke agreed to pay Takasu’s expenses for his hospital treatment and offered him two dozen Cokes for free. Takasu, however, rejected the offer and instead demanded the firm pay compensation, offer an apology and withdraw all bottled Coke from the market until it is confirmed that the products are safe enough for consumption.
“Our client has lost some of his hair since he drank the Coke,” Takasu’s lawyer said.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits