Blog: Coc-Hair Cola
Chris Brook-Carter | 7 April 2004
A Japanese man is suing Coke over his hair loss, it has been reported. Masaharu Takasu has filed a lawsuit against PT Coca-Cola Indonesia after drinking a bottle of Coke containing a piece of mosquito coil.
Last October, his lawyer claims, Takasu bought a bottle of Coke in the South Jakarta region of Indonesia. He drank two-fifths of the bottle and soon after felt a burning sensation in his throat and chest. Upon inspecting the inside of the bottle, he found a piece of mosquito coil floating on the beverage.
Coke agreed to pay Takasu’s expenses for his hospital treatment and offered him two dozen Cokes for free. Takasu, however, rejected the offer and instead demanded the firm pay compensation, offer an apology and withdraw all bottled Coke from the market until it is confirmed that the products are safe enough for consumption.
“Our client has lost some of his hair since he drank the Coke,” Takasu’s lawyer said.
Could it happen? According to this report, a section of the beer community wants to ditch the word craft. They prefer instead the term “Indie” for brewers they believe follow the enlightened path of t...
The global elite were in Switzerland last week for the World Economic Forum in Davos, the annual corporate huddle for the rich and powerful. The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co, Muhtar Kent, was there too, de...
With The Coca-Cola Co stealing yesterday's limelight with its new united marketing strategy for brand Coke yesterday, a Forbes interview with PepsiCo North America Beverages' new CMO, Seth Kaufman, sl...
It is a bold attempt to regain a measure of control in the ever-spiraling debate about sugar. But will The Coca-Cola Co's new marketing strategy - which for the first time ties all of the Coke family ...
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- The global beer category - The facts
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research