Blog: Coc-Hair Cola
Chris Brook-Carter | 7 April 2004
A Japanese man is suing Coke over his hair loss, it has been reported. Masaharu Takasu has filed a lawsuit against PT Coca-Cola Indonesia after drinking a bottle of Coke containing a piece of mosquito coil.
Last October, his lawyer claims, Takasu bought a bottle of Coke in the South Jakarta region of Indonesia. He drank two-fifths of the bottle and soon after felt a burning sensation in his throat and chest. Upon inspecting the inside of the bottle, he found a piece of mosquito coil floating on the beverage.
Coke agreed to pay Takasu’s expenses for his hospital treatment and offered him two dozen Cokes for free. Takasu, however, rejected the offer and instead demanded the firm pay compensation, offer an apology and withdraw all bottled Coke from the market until it is confirmed that the products are safe enough for consumption.
“Our client has lost some of his hair since he drank the Coke,” Takasu’s lawyer said.
Would the thought of working in a morgue stop you from drink driving? ...
You would be forgiven for thinking that the US cider boom is over. Sales growth of as much as 90% in the past few years has shrunk to double figures. ...
The drinks industry could do more to benefit from new technology. ...
The soft drinks world is abuzz today over what an executive shake-up at PepsiCo might mean to on-going speculation over CEO Indra Nooyi's successor....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends