Blog: Coc-Hair Cola
Chris Brook-Carter | 7 April 2004
A Japanese man is suing Coke over his hair loss, it has been reported. Masaharu Takasu has filed a lawsuit against PT Coca-Cola Indonesia after drinking a bottle of Coke containing a piece of mosquito coil.
Last October, his lawyer claims, Takasu bought a bottle of Coke in the South Jakarta region of Indonesia. He drank two-fifths of the bottle and soon after felt a burning sensation in his throat and chest. Upon inspecting the inside of the bottle, he found a piece of mosquito coil floating on the beverage.
Coke agreed to pay Takasu’s expenses for his hospital treatment and offered him two dozen Cokes for free. Takasu, however, rejected the offer and instead demanded the firm pay compensation, offer an apology and withdraw all bottled Coke from the market until it is confirmed that the products are safe enough for consumption.
“Our client has lost some of his hair since he drank the Coke,” Takasu’s lawyer said.
Forget gluten-free. Fodmaps are the latest food trend, and if you work in the soft drinks industry it is important to know where you stand with them....
Companies are very protective of their brand image. So it is refreshing to hear Diageo's Garbhan O’Bric, the global brand director for Baileys, speak the unvarnished truth when talking about the lique...
Alcohol companies love a good movie tie-in. A brush with Hollywood glamour seems to give marketers the warm and fuzzies, judging by the number of deals done over the past few years. The new James Bond...
just-drinks is in Cannes this week at the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Trave...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015