Blog: Cobra condom giveaway
Olly Wehring | 6 February 2009
You could be forgiven for thinking Cobra was offering a somewhat unorthodox promotion this week, after an Asda customer found some used condoms in a pack of its namesake beer brand.
Not exactly what you’d expect as a ‘freebie’ eh?
The supermarket has reportedly apologised to the customer and launched an investigation following the discovery in a packet of Cobra Zero beer bought from its store in Shoeburyness, Essex.
An Asda spokeswoman said: "We are at a loss to understand how it got there,” while Adrian McKeon, chief executive of Cobra Beer, stressed the company’s strict quality control procedures and apologised for the mishap.
I guess Cobra’s recent 21% leap in volume sales isn’t the only thing keeping the staff happy.
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends