Blog: Cobra condom giveaway
Olly Wehring | 6 February 2009
You could be forgiven for thinking Cobra was offering a somewhat unorthodox promotion this week, after an Asda customer found some used condoms in a pack of its namesake beer brand.
Not exactly what you’d expect as a ‘freebie’ eh?
The supermarket has reportedly apologised to the customer and launched an investigation following the discovery in a packet of Cobra Zero beer bought from its store in Shoeburyness, Essex.
An Asda spokeswoman said: "We are at a loss to understand how it got there,” while Adrian McKeon, chief executive of Cobra Beer, stressed the company’s strict quality control procedures and apologised for the mishap.
I guess Cobra’s recent 21% leap in volume sales isn’t the only thing keeping the staff happy.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts