Blog: Cider wars loom in the UK
Chris Mercer | 18 February 2011
There's going to be extra crispness in the UK cider category this summer as the likes of C&C Group, Anheuser-Busch InBev and Heineken slug it out for consumers' loyalty.
Heineken announced this week that it will launch another limited edition of its Bulmers cider brand in the UK.
I'm sure the launch of Bulmers 'Crisp Blend' is little coincidence considering the planned launch by A-B InBev of its own "crisp" and premium cider, Stella Cidre.
Bulmers will beat Stella Cidre to it by launching its latest limited edition version on 7 March. A-B InBev won't be introducing Stella Artois to the cider the world until nearer Easter.
Both companies, however, plan to launch heavyweight advertising campaigns in the build-up to summer. C&C Group, without doubt, will be watching closely.
Let the games begin.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends