Blog: Cider wars loom in the UK
Chris Mercer | 18 February 2011
There's going to be extra crispness in the UK cider category this summer as the likes of C&C Group, Anheuser-Busch InBev and Heineken slug it out for consumers' loyalty.
Heineken announced this week that it will launch another limited edition of its Bulmers cider brand in the UK.
I'm sure the launch of Bulmers 'Crisp Blend' is little coincidence considering the planned launch by A-B InBev of its own "crisp" and premium cider, Stella Cidre.
Bulmers will beat Stella Cidre to it by launching its latest limited edition version on 7 March. A-B InBev won't be introducing Stella Artois to the cider the world until nearer Easter.
Both companies, however, plan to launch heavyweight advertising campaigns in the build-up to summer. C&C Group, without doubt, will be watching closely.
Let the games begin.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends