Blog: Cider wars loom in the UK
Chris Mercer | 18 February 2011
There's going to be extra crispness in the UK cider category this summer as the likes of C&C Group, Anheuser-Busch InBev and Heineken slug it out for consumers' loyalty.
Heineken announced this week that it will launch another limited edition of its Bulmers cider brand in the UK.
I'm sure the launch of Bulmers 'Crisp Blend' is little coincidence considering the planned launch by A-B InBev of its own "crisp" and premium cider, Stella Cidre.
Bulmers will beat Stella Cidre to it by launching its latest limited edition version on 7 March. A-B InBev won't be introducing Stella Artois to the cider the world until nearer Easter.
Both companies, however, plan to launch heavyweight advertising campaigns in the build-up to summer. C&C Group, without doubt, will be watching closely.
Let the games begin.
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends