Blog: Cider wars loom in the UK
Chris Mercer | 18 February 2011
There's going to be extra crispness in the UK cider category this summer as the likes of C&C Group, Anheuser-Busch InBev and Heineken slug it out for consumers' loyalty.
Heineken announced this week that it will launch another limited edition of its Bulmers cider brand in the UK.
I'm sure the launch of Bulmers 'Crisp Blend' is little coincidence considering the planned launch by A-B InBev of its own "crisp" and premium cider, Stella Cidre.
Bulmers will beat Stella Cidre to it by launching its latest limited edition version on 7 March. A-B InBev won't be introducing Stella Artois to the cider the world until nearer Easter.
Both companies, however, plan to launch heavyweight advertising campaigns in the build-up to summer. C&C Group, without doubt, will be watching closely.
Let the games begin.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits