Blog: Cider wars loom in the UK
Chris Mercer | 18 February 2011
There's going to be extra crispness in the UK cider category this summer as the likes of C&C Group, Anheuser-Busch InBev and Heineken slug it out for consumers' loyalty.
Heineken announced this week that it will launch another limited edition of its Bulmers cider brand in the UK.
I'm sure the launch of Bulmers 'Crisp Blend' is little coincidence considering the planned launch by A-B InBev of its own "crisp" and premium cider, Stella Cidre.
Bulmers will beat Stella Cidre to it by launching its latest limited edition version on 7 March. A-B InBev won't be introducing Stella Artois to the cider the world until nearer Easter.
Both companies, however, plan to launch heavyweight advertising campaigns in the build-up to summer. C&C Group, without doubt, will be watching closely.
Let the games begin.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Diageo reaches deal in Stitzel legal row