Blog: Chivas Regal - there is a limit to indulgence, Olly
Olly Wehring | 21 December 2006
I was down at Chivas Brothers’ headquarters in London earlier this week, having been invited to enjoy an “Indulgent Journey”.
The Pernod-owned unit was showcasing its Chivas Regal 18-year-old Scotch, by pairing it with some rather fine chocolates. As we were talked through the tasting by Chivas’ master blender, Colin Scott, we were encouraged to indulge ourselves as best we could.
My request to take my clothes off, then, was, sadly, greeted by a room of frowns.
Scott was the perfect host - I often wonder how many of these blenders, brewers, winemakers and distillers must roll their eyes at the thought of leading a bunch of thicko journalists through the jungle that a tasting can be.
Scott set me straight without hesitation: “You’re kidding, aren’t you?” he smiled. “These tastings are great - we can swallow!”
Would the thought of working in a morgue stop you from drink driving? ...
You would be forgiven for thinking that the US cider boom is over. Sales growth of as much as 90% in the past few years has shrunk to double figures. ...
The drinks industry could do more to benefit from new technology. ...
The soft drinks world is abuzz today over what an executive shake-up at PepsiCo might mean to on-going speculation over CEO Indra Nooyi's successor....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Molson Coors' Rekorderlig Cider Cocktails - NPD
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends