Blog: China's economy "overheating"
Olly Wehring | 14 January 2010
China's economy is in danger of "overheating", according to a report on global risks published today (14 January).
The report, published annually by the World Economic Forum and a host of top insurance firms, warns that China's economy is more fragile than many believe.
"China's economy is in the process of overheating," Daniel Hoffmann, chief economist at Zurich Financial Services, told a press conference in London to mark the launch of the report.
China may have largely survived the financial crisis and global recession, but has largely done so by domestic credit growth, says the report, which describes the Chinese economy as a "key risk" to global economic stability.
For more on the risk report, click here.
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends