Blog: China's economy "overheating"
Olly Wehring | 14 January 2010
China's economy is in danger of "overheating", according to a report on global risks published today (14 January).
The report, published annually by the World Economic Forum and a host of top insurance firms, warns that China's economy is more fragile than many believe.
"China's economy is in the process of overheating," Daniel Hoffmann, chief economist at Zurich Financial Services, told a press conference in London to mark the launch of the report.
China may have largely survived the financial crisis and global recession, but has largely done so by domestic credit growth, says the report, which describes the Chinese economy as a "key risk" to global economic stability.
For more on the risk report, click here.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits