Blog: Charlie Hebdo
Olly Wehring | 8 January 2015
As a journalist of over ten years, I was shocked and appalled by yesterday's attack on the offices of the Charlie Hebdo magazine in Paris. That 12 people can be murdered for upholding the ideal of freedom of speech goes against everything I hold to be true.
Much as just-drinks concerns itself with the trials and tribulations of the global drinks industry, my role as editor is anchored firmly to the belief that freedom of speech and expression is a human right. It is so desperately sad that anyone should have to die defending that right.
My thoughts are with the friends and family of the journalists, cartoonists and police officers who died yesterday.
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends