Blog: Charlie Hebdo
Olly Wehring | 8 January 2015
As a journalist of over ten years, I was shocked and appalled by yesterday's attack on the offices of the Charlie Hebdo magazine in Paris. That 12 people can be murdered for upholding the ideal of freedom of speech goes against everything I hold to be true.
Much as just-drinks concerns itself with the trials and tribulations of the global drinks industry, my role as editor is anchored firmly to the belief that freedom of speech and expression is a human right. It is so desperately sad that anyone should have to die defending that right.
My thoughts are with the friends and family of the journalists, cartoonists and police officers who died yesterday.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Alcohol brands and the 'better-for-you' trend
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Diageo unveils new Bundaberg Rum packaging
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends