Blog: Charlie Hebdo
Olly Wehring | 8 January 2015
As a journalist of over ten years, I was shocked and appalled by yesterday's attack on the offices of the Charlie Hebdo magazine in Paris. That 12 people can be murdered for upholding the ideal of freedom of speech goes against everything I hold to be true.
Much as just-drinks concerns itself with the trials and tribulations of the global drinks industry, my role as editor is anchored firmly to the belief that freedom of speech and expression is a human right. It is so desperately sad that anyone should have to die defending that right.
My thoughts are with the friends and family of the journalists, cartoonists and police officers who died yesterday.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Yesterday, Remy Cointreau posted a strong jump in YTD sales driven by impressive Cognac Q3 performances in China and the US. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's sales performance by...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits