Blog: Champagne instead of anti-depressants?
James Wilmore | 5 June 2014
The alcohol industry can sometimes skirt around the reason why people choose to drink.
For many, of course, it’s a way to relax and enjoy yourself with friends. But not everyone in the industry is so reticent about speaking out about the positive aspects of imbibing.
Indeed, Clovis Taittinger, part of the Champagne house’s family empire, thinks the problem of depression could be solved in his native country, if he was in charge. “If I was a politician I would happily put Champagne in all pharmacies... instead of anti-depressant pills,” he cheekily told me during this week’s London Wine Fair.
“Champagne is a magical wine,” he added.
Hmm, how would the health lobby feel about that proposal?
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
The House of Mumm Champagne is re-releasing a limited quantity of magnums as the launch offering for its new Collection du Chef de Caves....
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly. ...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research