Blog: Chambord 'Rendezvous' on Orient Express
Michelle Russell | 4 July 2011
The Orient Express was this year's chosen venue for the launch of Brown-Forman's Chambord Rendezvous.
A five-course lunch, accompanied by Brown-Forman-owned Chambord and Champagne, and a trip round the beautiful British countryside set the scene for the Rendezvous venue announcement, which this year will take place on 13 September at One Mayfair, London.
Bartenders and chefs from across the UK are encouraged to enter their best creations for the annual drinks industry event, which offers a trip to Paris and the Loire Valley, where Chambord is produced, as the top prize.
The judging panel will comprise of Simon Difford, Andy Pearson, Michael Butt and Alex Turner from the Bacardi Brown-Forman training team.
The competition closes at midnight on 13 August with the website remaining open for guest list registration until 12 September.
The event will no doubt be a chance for Brown-Forman to once more showcase the black raspberry liqueur's revamped bottle design, which the firm says was inspired by market research, predominantly with bartenders in the UK and US.
Earlier this month, in the firm's full-year results, Brown-Forman said it anticipates growth from super-premium and developing brands such as Chambord Vodka. Positive talk from the group about Chambord's prospects may mean that progress is now being made from the company's shaky start to its ownership of the brand.
Responding to criticism on social media is tough. You've got to engage the consumer without starting an argument and - ideally - get them on side....
Want to know how The Coca-Cola Co-backed Keurig Kold - released in the US yesterday - works?...
While analysts mull the numbers of Anheuser-Busch InBev's impending offer for SABMiller, there's a timely reminder in The Times newspaper this week that the proposed deal may yet fall victim to other ...
Part of my lot on just-drinks is to nail down senior executives within our industry – the more senior the better. I've enjoyed interviewing many of the CEOs within our ranks, but one that I have never...
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research