Blog: Chambord 'Rendezvous' on Orient Express
Michelle Russell | 4 July 2011
The Orient Express was this year's chosen venue for the launch of Brown-Forman's Chambord Rendezvous.
A five-course lunch, accompanied by Brown-Forman-owned Chambord and Champagne, and a trip round the beautiful British countryside set the scene for the Rendezvous venue announcement, which this year will take place on 13 September at One Mayfair, London.
Bartenders and chefs from across the UK are encouraged to enter their best creations for the annual drinks industry event, which offers a trip to Paris and the Loire Valley, where Chambord is produced, as the top prize.
The judging panel will comprise of Simon Difford, Andy Pearson, Michael Butt and Alex Turner from the Bacardi Brown-Forman training team.
The competition closes at midnight on 13 August with the website remaining open for guest list registration until 12 September.
The event will no doubt be a chance for Brown-Forman to once more showcase the black raspberry liqueur's revamped bottle design, which the firm says was inspired by market research, predominantly with bartenders in the UK and US.
Earlier this month, in the firm's full-year results, Brown-Forman said it anticipates growth from super-premium and developing brands such as Chambord Vodka. Positive talk from the group about Chambord's prospects may mean that progress is now being made from the company's shaky start to its ownership of the brand.
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office....
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?...
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news....
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins. ...
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Heineken CEO spies trouble ahead for UK
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Campari’s H1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo puts Bacardi in frame with white rum ads
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Heineken ups sales, profits despite volume squeeze
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Mast-Jagermeister closes Sidney Frank buy
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research