Blog: Chambord 'Rendezvous' on Orient Express
Michelle Russell | 4 July 2011
The Orient Express was this year's chosen venue for the launch of Brown-Forman's Chambord Rendezvous.
A five-course lunch, accompanied by Brown-Forman-owned Chambord and Champagne, and a trip round the beautiful British countryside set the scene for the Rendezvous venue announcement, which this year will take place on 13 September at One Mayfair, London.
Bartenders and chefs from across the UK are encouraged to enter their best creations for the annual drinks industry event, which offers a trip to Paris and the Loire Valley, where Chambord is produced, as the top prize.
The judging panel will comprise of Simon Difford, Andy Pearson, Michael Butt and Alex Turner from the Bacardi Brown-Forman training team.
The competition closes at midnight on 13 August with the website remaining open for guest list registration until 12 September.
The event will no doubt be a chance for Brown-Forman to once more showcase the black raspberry liqueur's revamped bottle design, which the firm says was inspired by market research, predominantly with bartenders in the UK and US.
Earlier this month, in the firm's full-year results, Brown-Forman said it anticipates growth from super-premium and developing brands such as Chambord Vodka. Positive talk from the group about Chambord's prospects may mean that progress is now being made from the company's shaky start to its ownership of the brand.
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review