Blog: Chambord 'Rendezvous' on Orient Express
Michelle Russell | 4 July 2011
The Orient Express was this year's chosen venue for the launch of Brown-Forman's Chambord Rendezvous.
A five-course lunch, accompanied by Brown-Forman-owned Chambord and Champagne, and a trip round the beautiful British countryside set the scene for the Rendezvous venue announcement, which this year will take place on 13 September at One Mayfair, London.
Bartenders and chefs from across the UK are encouraged to enter their best creations for the annual drinks industry event, which offers a trip to Paris and the Loire Valley, where Chambord is produced, as the top prize.
The judging panel will comprise of Simon Difford, Andy Pearson, Michael Butt and Alex Turner from the Bacardi Brown-Forman training team.
The competition closes at midnight on 13 August with the website remaining open for guest list registration until 12 September.
The event will no doubt be a chance for Brown-Forman to once more showcase the black raspberry liqueur's revamped bottle design, which the firm says was inspired by market research, predominantly with bartenders in the UK and US.
Earlier this month, in the firm's full-year results, Brown-Forman said it anticipates growth from super-premium and developing brands such as Chambord Vodka. Positive talk from the group about Chambord's prospects may mean that progress is now being made from the company's shaky start to its ownership of the brand.
Could it happen? According to this report, a section of the beer community wants to ditch the word craft. They prefer instead the term “Indie” for brewers they believe follow the enlightened path of t...
The global elite were in Switzerland last week for the World Economic Forum in Davos, the annual corporate huddle for the rich and powerful. The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co, Muhtar Kent, was there too, de...
With The Coca-Cola Co stealing yesterday's limelight with its new united marketing strategy for brand Coke yesterday, a Forbes interview with PepsiCo North America Beverages' new CMO, Seth Kaufman, sl...
It is a bold attempt to regain a measure of control in the ever-spiraling debate about sugar. But will The Coca-Cola Co's new marketing strategy - which for the first time ties all of the Coke family ...
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research