Blog: Carlsberg's rapid response sets the right tone
Andy Morton | 1 May 2015
Carlsberg's London Tube ad
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouch.
Just days after a media stramash over a London tube ad that showed a toned model in a skimpy bikini asking “Are you beach body ready?”, Carlsberg has rolled out a parody response. Check out the picture to the right, which shows the two ads together.
Carlsberg said: “We’ve decided to remind the public at major commuter spots across London that it’s not about the way you look, or having probably the best body this summer, its about enjoying a Carlsberg whether you’re on the beach or at your local.”
Score one for the Danish brewer.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends