Blog: Carlsberg's rapid response sets the right tone
Andy Morton | 1 May 2015
Carlsberg's London Tube ad
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouch.
Just days after a media stramash over a London tube ad that showed a toned model in a skimpy bikini asking “Are you beach body ready?”, Carlsberg has rolled out a parody response. Check out the picture to the right, which shows the two ads together.
Carlsberg said: “We’ve decided to remind the public at major commuter spots across London that it’s not about the way you look, or having probably the best body this summer, its about enjoying a Carlsberg whether you’re on the beach or at your local.”
Score one for the Danish brewer.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Global Beer Georgia has secured a near-US$20m loan to build a brewery in the country that will produce Heineken brands under licence....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends