Blog: Carlsberg's rapid response sets the right tone
Andy Morton | 1 May 2015
Carlsberg's London Tube ad
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouch.
Just days after a media stramash over a London tube ad that showed a toned model in a skimpy bikini asking “Are you beach body ready?”, Carlsberg has rolled out a parody response. Check out the picture to the right, which shows the two ads together.
Carlsberg said: “We’ve decided to remind the public at major commuter spots across London that it’s not about the way you look, or having probably the best body this summer, its about enjoying a Carlsberg whether you’re on the beach or at your local.”
Score one for the Danish brewer.
just-drinks is thrilled to welcome a new industry commentator to the fold. Until earlier this year, Ian Shackleton spent over 25 years as a beverages analyst with several major banks, including Credit...
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign