Blog: Carlsberg - Right. Stop that: It's silly
Olly Wehring | 28 July 2015
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office.
In early-April, the unit unveiled a billboard poster ad that included a beer-tap.
Then, last week, Carlsberg loaded a luggage carousel at London City Airport with crates of beer for travellers to take home.
Thankfully, the activity has coincided with the launch of some rather more substantial fare. The UK roll-out of the brewer's 'Crafted' range last month brings some very interesting-looking beers to these shores.
You can keep your drone-delivery and your carousel-Carlsberg: I'll take a Jacobsen Saaz Blonde, thank you very much.
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends