Blog: Carlsberg - Right. Stop that: It's silly
Olly Wehring | 28 July 2015
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office.
In early-April, the unit unveiled a billboard poster ad that included a beer-tap.
Then, last week, Carlsberg loaded a luggage carousel at London City Airport with crates of beer for travellers to take home.
Thankfully, the activity has coincided with the launch of some rather more substantial fare. The UK roll-out of the brewer's 'Crafted' range last month brings some very interesting-looking beers to these shores.
You can keep your drone-delivery and your carousel-Carlsberg: I'll take a Jacobsen Saaz Blonde, thank you very much.
In his latest commentary for just-drinks, former drinks analyst Ian Shackleton heads to Brazil to look at 3G's burned fingers, the future worries for Anheuser-Busch InBev and Britvic's samba moves....
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research