Blog: Carlsberg - Right. Stop that: It's silly
Olly Wehring | 28 July 2015
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office.
In early-April, the unit unveiled a billboard poster ad that included a beer-tap.
Then, last week, Carlsberg loaded a luggage carousel at London City Airport with crates of beer for travellers to take home.
Thankfully, the activity has coincided with the launch of some rather more substantial fare. The UK roll-out of the brewer's 'Crafted' range last month brings some very interesting-looking beers to these shores.
You can keep your drone-delivery and your carousel-Carlsberg: I'll take a Jacobsen Saaz Blonde, thank you very much.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits