Blog: Carlsberg - Keepin' it real
Olly Wehring | 2 March 2012
Well, it probably is!
Those of you who follow me on Twitter will have seen that I was in Copenhagen yesterday, visiting Copenhagen's headquarters for the first time. The occasion was to celebrate the start of the countdown of 100 days to this summer's UEFA Euro 2012.
Carlsberg, a headline sponsor of the soccer tournament, even wheeled out its global ambassador, Peter Schmeichel, to meet Europe's press corp.
While in Copenhagen, we were treated to a tour of the city. Not only was I very taken with the place, I was as impressed by Carlsberg's more realistic approach to advertising in its home town.
After all, it really could be the best beer in Copenhagen. Couldn't it?
Could it happen? According to this report, a section of the beer community wants to ditch the word craft. They prefer instead the term “Indie” for brewers they believe follow the enlightened path of t...
The global elite were in Switzerland last week for the World Economic Forum in Davos, the annual corporate huddle for the rich and powerful. The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co, Muhtar Kent, was there too, de...
With The Coca-Cola Co stealing yesterday's limelight with its new united marketing strategy for brand Coke yesterday, a Forbes interview with PepsiCo North America Beverages' new CMO, Seth Kaufman, sl...
It is a bold attempt to regain a measure of control in the ever-spiraling debate about sugar. But will The Coca-Cola Co's new marketing strategy - which for the first time ties all of the Coke family ...
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research