Blog: Care to see the water menu?
Michelle Russell | 1 September 2011
It thinks it's a wine list but it's not.
An LA restaurant has created a water list that could put any wine menu to shame. Yes that's right, a water list. And if you need any convincing you may want to look at the Wattwiller from France ...
"Its pedigree dates back to Roman times, with the source ultimately controlled by the monks of the Abbey of Murbach in 785 AD," reads the menu description. "With salty aftertaste, this elite water delivers terrific calcium, magnesium, sulphate, and flouride."
At US$11 for a 30cl bottle it would want to.
Although, this isn't the first restaurant to create a water list. No, indeed. Mayfair hotel Claridge's in London created a water menu in 2007, from which patrons could choose from 30 selections of bottled water imported from all over the world.
It appears there are water connoisseurs amongst us. However, I couldn't see Peckham Spring on the list.
A jug of water for Table Two please.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research