Blog: Care to see the water menu?
Michelle Russell | 1 September 2011
It thinks it's a wine list but it's not.
An LA restaurant has created a water list that could put any wine menu to shame. Yes that's right, a water list. And if you need any convincing you may want to look at the Wattwiller from France ...
"Its pedigree dates back to Roman times, with the source ultimately controlled by the monks of the Abbey of Murbach in 785 AD," reads the menu description. "With salty aftertaste, this elite water delivers terrific calcium, magnesium, sulphate, and flouride."
At US$11 for a 30cl bottle it would want to.
Although, this isn't the first restaurant to create a water list. No, indeed. Mayfair hotel Claridge's in London created a water menu in 2007, from which patrons could choose from 30 selections of bottled water imported from all over the world.
It appears there are water connoisseurs amongst us. However, I couldn't see Peckham Spring on the list.
A jug of water for Table Two please.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research