Blog: Care to see the water menu?
Michelle Russell | 1 September 2011
It thinks it's a wine list but it's not.
An LA restaurant has created a water list that could put any wine menu to shame. Yes that's right, a water list. And if you need any convincing you may want to look at the Wattwiller from France ...
"Its pedigree dates back to Roman times, with the source ultimately controlled by the monks of the Abbey of Murbach in 785 AD," reads the menu description. "With salty aftertaste, this elite water delivers terrific calcium, magnesium, sulphate, and flouride."
At US$11 for a 30cl bottle it would want to.
Although, this isn't the first restaurant to create a water list. No, indeed. Mayfair hotel Claridge's in London created a water menu in 2007, from which patrons could choose from 30 selections of bottled water imported from all over the world.
It appears there are water connoisseurs amongst us. However, I couldn't see Peckham Spring on the list.
A jug of water for Table Two please.
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
A very early start today, with Carla Errazuriz from Concha y Toro's fine wine division picking me up from our Santiago hotel at 0700....
Ever wondered how a whiskey still gets built? ...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Interview - Concha y Toro Marketing Director
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review