Blog: Care to see the water menu?
Michelle Russell | 1 September 2011
It thinks it's a wine list but it's not.
An LA restaurant has created a water list that could put any wine menu to shame. Yes that's right, a water list. And if you need any convincing you may want to look at the Wattwiller from France ...
"Its pedigree dates back to Roman times, with the source ultimately controlled by the monks of the Abbey of Murbach in 785 AD," reads the menu description. "With salty aftertaste, this elite water delivers terrific calcium, magnesium, sulphate, and flouride."
At US$11 for a 30cl bottle it would want to.
Although, this isn't the first restaurant to create a water list. No, indeed. Mayfair hotel Claridge's in London created a water menu in 2007, from which patrons could choose from 30 selections of bottled water imported from all over the world.
It appears there are water connoisseurs amongst us. However, I couldn't see Peckham Spring on the list.
A jug of water for Table Two please.
It's a bank holiday here in the UK on Monday (25 August). just-drinks' team will be taking a well-earned lie down. ...
Poland is hardly noted for its cider consumption, but all this could be about to change. ...
Here's a brave move by the folk from Camerata at Paulie's in Houston: a wine-related parody of Summer Nights from Grease....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring The Coca-Cola Co and Monster Beverage Corp, Constellation Brands, Anheuser-Busch InBev and Australia's wine producers....
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down