Blog: Canadians to the rescue for Molson Coors
Andy Morton | 3 July 2013
“Get me a Canadian!” is not a request you hear all too often.
But earlier this year, parts of England, Belgium and France echoed to the unlikely demand after Molson Coors' Canadian unit planted fridges stacked full of its beer around the three countries. The catch? The bright red ice boxes can only be opened with a Canadian passport, hence the need for some - no doubt friendly and very polite - assistance from the northern North Americans.
Check out the YouTube clip above to see what happened.
Do you have a water source in your garden? By which, I mean a spring, rather than an outside tap....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo and Coca-Cola Co, Castel, Molson Coors and the cachaca sector....
There was a big focus on supermarkets and their Scotch offerings this week when a couple of own-brand malts scooped top awards at the International Wines and Spirits Competition (IWSC)....
You can't seem to move at the moment for news of US craft brewers expanding....
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- NPD: Alcohol Beverage “Mash-Ups” Fuel Innovation
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Britvic promotes GB marketing head to global post
- Molson Coors CEO to retire