Blog: Campari Calendar launch
Olly Wehring | 9 October 2009
just-drinks flew into Milan yesterday afternoon before driving downtown for the annual Campari Calendar launch.
The socialites of Milan (well, I'm sure some of them have actual jobs as well...) were out in force for what is quite a notorious event in this northern Italian city.
The pinnacle of the evening was the arrival of Bond girl Olga Kurylenko, who has taken over from Jessica Alba as the model for this year's calendar. Guests queued (yes, queued), for a glimpse of the glamorous model and actress - who has been photographed for the 2010 calendar by a hotly tipped, young Italian photographer named Simone Nervi.
just-drinks responsibly sampled a range of Campari cocktails, including the Americana - reputedly President Obama's favourite drink - and a Campari mojito, which worked surprisingly well.
Campari sales, one senior company bod told us, are picking up in Italy after a few years of stagnation. The group claims to be outperforming rivals such as Pernod Ricard's pastis brands and Bacardi Martini.
Alas, today it is down to some serious business, including a financial presentation (most of which is off-record - sorry folks) and visits to the new Campari headquarters and a winery in the nearby Piedmont area.
Check back here for more later.
Chris M, Deputy Ed.
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
A bit of football fun for a Friday. Anheuser-Busch InBev has released the ad that will accompany its new Budweiser 'Dream Goal' campaign, that seeks to find the UK's best amateur goal. ...
No sooner had Anheuser-Busch InBev taken a gentle pop at the craft beer segment during February's Super Bowl, than the world's largest brewer has challenged the sub-category's target market in New Yor...
A few wry grins will have been raised in the offices of Dr Pepper Snapple Group today. ...
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly