Blog: Campari Calendar launch
Olly Wehring | 9 October 2009
just-drinks flew into Milan yesterday afternoon before driving downtown for the annual Campari Calendar launch.
The socialites of Milan (well, I'm sure some of them have actual jobs as well...) were out in force for what is quite a notorious event in this northern Italian city.
The pinnacle of the evening was the arrival of Bond girl Olga Kurylenko, who has taken over from Jessica Alba as the model for this year's calendar. Guests queued (yes, queued), for a glimpse of the glamorous model and actress - who has been photographed for the 2010 calendar by a hotly tipped, young Italian photographer named Simone Nervi.
just-drinks responsibly sampled a range of Campari cocktails, including the Americana - reputedly President Obama's favourite drink - and a Campari mojito, which worked surprisingly well.
Campari sales, one senior company bod told us, are picking up in Italy after a few years of stagnation. The group claims to be outperforming rivals such as Pernod Ricard's pastis brands and Bacardi Martini.
Alas, today it is down to some serious business, including a financial presentation (most of which is off-record - sorry folks) and visits to the new Campari headquarters and a winery in the nearby Piedmont area.
Check back here for more later.
Chris M, Deputy Ed.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends