Blog: Campari Calendar launch
Olly Wehring | 9 October 2009
just-drinks flew into Milan yesterday afternoon before driving downtown for the annual Campari Calendar launch.
The socialites of Milan (well, I'm sure some of them have actual jobs as well...) were out in force for what is quite a notorious event in this northern Italian city.
The pinnacle of the evening was the arrival of Bond girl Olga Kurylenko, who has taken over from Jessica Alba as the model for this year's calendar. Guests queued (yes, queued), for a glimpse of the glamorous model and actress - who has been photographed for the 2010 calendar by a hotly tipped, young Italian photographer named Simone Nervi.
just-drinks responsibly sampled a range of Campari cocktails, including the Americana - reputedly President Obama's favourite drink - and a Campari mojito, which worked surprisingly well.
Campari sales, one senior company bod told us, are picking up in Italy after a few years of stagnation. The group claims to be outperforming rivals such as Pernod Ricard's pastis brands and Bacardi Martini.
Alas, today it is down to some serious business, including a financial presentation (most of which is off-record - sorry folks) and visits to the new Campari headquarters and a winery in the nearby Piedmont area.
Check back here for more later.
Chris M, Deputy Ed.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends