Blog: Campari Calendar launch
Olly Wehring | 9 October 2009
just-drinks flew into Milan yesterday afternoon before driving downtown for the annual Campari Calendar launch.
The socialites of Milan (well, I'm sure some of them have actual jobs as well...) were out in force for what is quite a notorious event in this northern Italian city.
The pinnacle of the evening was the arrival of Bond girl Olga Kurylenko, who has taken over from Jessica Alba as the model for this year's calendar. Guests queued (yes, queued), for a glimpse of the glamorous model and actress - who has been photographed for the 2010 calendar by a hotly tipped, young Italian photographer named Simone Nervi.
just-drinks responsibly sampled a range of Campari cocktails, including the Americana - reputedly President Obama's favourite drink - and a Campari mojito, which worked surprisingly well.
Campari sales, one senior company bod told us, are picking up in Italy after a few years of stagnation. The group claims to be outperforming rivals such as Pernod Ricard's pastis brands and Bacardi Martini.
Alas, today it is down to some serious business, including a financial presentation (most of which is off-record - sorry folks) and visits to the new Campari headquarters and a winery in the nearby Piedmont area.
Check back here for more later.
Chris M, Deputy Ed.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research