Blog: Campari Calendar launch
Olly Wehring | 9 October 2009
just-drinks flew into Milan yesterday afternoon before driving downtown for the annual Campari Calendar launch.
The socialites of Milan (well, I'm sure some of them have actual jobs as well...) were out in force for what is quite a notorious event in this northern Italian city.
The pinnacle of the evening was the arrival of Bond girl Olga Kurylenko, who has taken over from Jessica Alba as the model for this year's calendar. Guests queued (yes, queued), for a glimpse of the glamorous model and actress - who has been photographed for the 2010 calendar by a hotly tipped, young Italian photographer named Simone Nervi.
just-drinks responsibly sampled a range of Campari cocktails, including the Americana - reputedly President Obama's favourite drink - and a Campari mojito, which worked surprisingly well.
Campari sales, one senior company bod told us, are picking up in Italy after a few years of stagnation. The group claims to be outperforming rivals such as Pernod Ricard's pastis brands and Bacardi Martini.
Alas, today it is down to some serious business, including a financial presentation (most of which is off-record - sorry folks) and visits to the new Campari headquarters and a winery in the nearby Piedmont area.
Check back here for more later.
Chris M, Deputy Ed.
It seems even 250-year-old Cognac houses want to be like Google these days....
It's not even available on pre-order yet, but Apple's latest piece of kit has already got a breathalyser app....
just-drinks is now closed for the Easter weekend....
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Belvedere unveils executive team
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads