Blog: By George! It's a whiskey still being built in two minutes - video
James Wilmore | 21 January 2015
Ever wondered how a whiskey still gets built?
Come on, you must have done!? Well, maybe not.
But here anyway is a fascinating little video from the folks at Virginia-based A. Smith Bowman Distillery. The speeded up clip shows the installation of its latest still, a 500 gallon effort named 'George', after the father of the orginal founders, the Bowman brothers.
He is joining Mary, another still, named after Mary Hite Bowman, George’s wife, and the mother of the Bowman brothers.
Mary, George... it's beginning to sound like a 1960s folk ensemble!
just-drinks is thrilled to welcome a new industry commentator to the fold. Until earlier this year, Ian Shackleton spent over 25 years as a beverages analyst with several major banks, including Credit...
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign