Blog: By George! It's a whiskey still being built in two minutes - video
James Wilmore | 21 January 2015
Ever wondered how a whiskey still gets built?
Come on, you must have done!? Well, maybe not.
But here anyway is a fascinating little video from the folks at Virginia-based A. Smith Bowman Distillery. The speeded up clip shows the installation of its latest still, a 500 gallon effort named 'George', after the father of the orginal founders, the Bowman brothers.
He is joining Mary, another still, named after Mary Hite Bowman, George’s wife, and the mother of the Bowman brothers.
Mary, George... it's beginning to sound like a 1960s folk ensemble!
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
Charter Brands has released its first new product since the launch of Langley's No 8 three years ago...
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
Conecuh Ridge Distillers has launched an extension of its Clyde May's US whiskey brand, with a limited edition cask strength iteration rolling out across the US next month....
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends