Blog: "Buy a Mountain Dew and enjoy it"
Lucy Britner | 30 September 2016
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand. It is company CEO Indra Nooyi's response to an analyst who asked for a comment on the competition from Monster's new Mutant variant.
Earlier this year, Monster unveiled its latest NPD - Mutant and Hydro. In a note that followed the news, SIG analyst Pablo Zuanic said the launches were a "concerted effort to compete directly with PepsiCo's Mountain Dew brand".
And on a post year-to-date results call yesterday, Jefferies analyst Kevin Grundy wanted to know what Nooyi was planning to do about the competition.
The CEO, however, wasn't flustered.
"In terms of Monster and Mutant, hey, there can only be one Mountain Dew," she said. "And we’re focused on growing Mountain Dew. And if I were you, I’d go buy a Mountain Dew and enjoy it."
Bottoms up, Kevin.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
In his latest commentary for just-drinks, former drinks analyst Ian Shackleton heads to Brazil to look at 3G's burned fingers, the future worries for Anheuser-Busch InBev and Britvic's samba moves....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends