Blog: "Buy a Mountain Dew and enjoy it"
Lucy Britner | 30 September 2016
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand. It is company CEO Indra Nooyi's response to an analyst who asked for a comment on the competition from Monster's new Mutant variant.
Earlier this year, Monster unveiled its latest NPD - Mutant and Hydro. In a note that followed the news, SIG analyst Pablo Zuanic said the launches were a "concerted effort to compete directly with PepsiCo's Mountain Dew brand".
And on a post year-to-date results call yesterday, Jefferies analyst Kevin Grundy wanted to know what Nooyi was planning to do about the competition.
The CEO, however, wasn't flustered.
"In terms of Monster and Mutant, hey, there can only be one Mountain Dew," she said. "And we’re focused on growing Mountain Dew. And if I were you, I’d go buy a Mountain Dew and enjoy it."
Bottoms up, Kevin.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits