Blog: "Buy a Mountain Dew and enjoy it"
Lucy Britner | 30 September 2016
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand. It is company CEO Indra Nooyi's response to an analyst who asked for a comment on the competition from Monster's new Mutant variant.
Earlier this year, Monster unveiled its latest NPD - Mutant and Hydro. In a note that followed the news, SIG analyst Pablo Zuanic said the launches were a "concerted effort to compete directly with PepsiCo's Mountain Dew brand".
And on a post year-to-date results call yesterday, Jefferies analyst Kevin Grundy wanted to know what Nooyi was planning to do about the competition.
The CEO, however, wasn't flustered.
"In terms of Monster and Mutant, hey, there can only be one Mountain Dew," she said. "And we’re focused on growing Mountain Dew. And if I were you, I’d go buy a Mountain Dew and enjoy it."
Bottoms up, Kevin.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Nichols has taken its Vimto brand into the flavoured water category with the launch of Vim2o....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World