Blog: Burp! Sorry, love
Chris Brook-Carter | 28 October 2005
Now, I don’t know what you lot are like after a few drinks, and I certainly don’t know you all well enough to share my post-drinking habits, but pity this poor chap who wrote into The Sun’s agony aunt this week.
“Unless I’ve had loads of beer, when I have sex I can last only a matter of seconds,” the lad says. “It’s the most embarrassing thing in the world.
“I then have to think of excuses to get away. But I need to know how not to climax too quickly when I haven’t been out drinking.
“I’m 21 and think the problem is getting worse. I don’t want to end up either a failure in bed or an alcoholic.”
So Shakespeare’s adage about drink provoking the desire but impairing the performance is pure bunkum, is it?
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Alcohol brands and the 'better-for-you' trend
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD results - Preview
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends