Blog: Burp! Sorry, love
Chris Brook-Carter | 28 October 2005
Now, I don’t know what you lot are like after a few drinks, and I certainly don’t know you all well enough to share my post-drinking habits, but pity this poor chap who wrote into The Sun’s agony aunt this week.
“Unless I’ve had loads of beer, when I have sex I can last only a matter of seconds,” the lad says. “It’s the most embarrassing thing in the world.
“I then have to think of excuses to get away. But I need to know how not to climax too quickly when I haven’t been out drinking.
“I’m 21 and think the problem is getting worse. I don’t want to end up either a failure in bed or an alcoholic.”
So Shakespeare’s adage about drink provoking the desire but impairing the performance is pure bunkum, is it?
Paul Walsh just can't stay away from the drinks industry....
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report