Blog: Burger... hic... Kebab ... hic ... Hot DoHOWMUCH?!
Olly Wehring | 25 January 2012
We've all done it. The morning after, as the haze starts to slowly ascend, you check the pockets of last night's trousers to see if you've got any cash left. Among the coppers, you find a receipt from a fast-food joint, the time and date confirm that it wasn't that you slept with a cat in your mouth; that fur lining of your mouth comes from the dirty burger you wolfed down around midnight on the bus.
My sympathies go out to the residents of Vancouver, however, who have been given yet another late night food-related pitfall to navigate on the way home.
DougieDog Hot Dogs, a food outlet in the city, has added the Dragon Dog to its menu … with a price tag of CAD100 (US$98). Described as “12 inches of absolute culinary decadence”, the hot dog consists of a foot-long bratwurst infused with 100-year-old Louis XIII Cognac, which costs around CAD2,000 per bottle.
Don't drink and dog, Vancouverites.
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring SABMiller, Orangina Schweppes, PepsiCo and Scottish devolution....
Knowledge is power, or so they claim. So, with that in mind, here's an infographic, courtesy of Australian company Hangover Revivol, that breaks down exactly what is behind the common hangover....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring William Grant & Sons, the Southern hemisphere's winemakers, SABMiller and Heineken, and Coke Light....
How many beer mugs can one man carry? ...
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- Wine in the UK: Tell Us Something We Don't Know
- Sustainability in Spirits - Part I
- Will Craft Brewers be Tempted by Private Equity?
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo settles Explorers Club trademark dispute
- A-B InBev shakes up Euro units, UK head steps down
- Bacardi lifts curtain on Bombay Sapphire distiller
- Diageo unveils sixth Johnnie Walker House in Asia