Blog: Burger... hic... Kebab ... hic ... Hot DoHOWMUCH?!
Olly Wehring | 25 January 2012
We've all done it. The morning after, as the haze starts to slowly ascend, you check the pockets of last night's trousers to see if you've got any cash left. Among the coppers, you find a receipt from a fast-food joint, the time and date confirm that it wasn't that you slept with a cat in your mouth; that fur lining of your mouth comes from the dirty burger you wolfed down around midnight on the bus.
My sympathies go out to the residents of Vancouver, however, who have been given yet another late night food-related pitfall to navigate on the way home.
DougieDog Hot Dogs, a food outlet in the city, has added the Dragon Dog to its menu … with a price tag of CAD100 (US$98). Described as “12 inches of absolute culinary decadence”, the hot dog consists of a foot-long bratwurst infused with 100-year-old Louis XIII Cognac, which costs around CAD2,000 per bottle.
Don't drink and dog, Vancouverites.
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo and Coca-Cola Co, Castel, Molson Coors and the cachaca sector....
There was a big focus on supermarkets and their Scotch offerings this week when a couple of own-brand malts scooped top awards at the International Wines and Spirits Competition (IWSC)....
You can't seem to move at the moment for news of US craft brewers expanding....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Coca-Cola Life, Australian Vintage, Pernod Ricard and BrewDog....
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- PepsiCo find stability but Peltz concerns linger
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte appoints new CEO
- Britvic promotes GB marketing head to global post