Blog: Bulmers Pear cider in laxative claim
Olly Wehring | 30 June 2009
C&C Group's new Bulmers Pear cider in Ireland has not gone down well with a handful of consumers, it seems.
A forum posting on the boards.ie website is headed: "Bulmers pear (best laxative known to man?)"
Several members of the forum then go on to describe, quite graphically in some cases, how they suffered from diarrhoea after drinking the new Bulmers.
One contributor, named 'chem', said: "The stomach was like a bubble machine gone nuts. After the 3rd pint it was like pulling the pin on a grenade."
When questioned about the complaints, a C&C Group spokesperson said in a statement to just-drinks: "Bulmers Pear contains a significant level of high quality, pear juice and like prunes, plums and grapes, pears contain naturally occurring substances which, depending on the quantity consumed and the sensitivity of the individual involved, may not agree with every individual."
It is understood that only a handful of complaints have been received relating to Bulmers Pear.
The spokesperson said that ingredients occur naturally in the pear juice and are not anything that Bulmers has added to the product.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World