Blog: Bulmers Pear cider in laxative claim
Olly Wehring | 30 June 2009
C&C Group's new Bulmers Pear cider in Ireland has not gone down well with a handful of consumers, it seems.
A forum posting on the boards.ie website is headed: "Bulmers pear (best laxative known to man?)"
Several members of the forum then go on to describe, quite graphically in some cases, how they suffered from diarrhoea after drinking the new Bulmers.
One contributor, named 'chem', said: "The stomach was like a bubble machine gone nuts. After the 3rd pint it was like pulling the pin on a grenade."
When questioned about the complaints, a C&C Group spokesperson said in a statement to just-drinks: "Bulmers Pear contains a significant level of high quality, pear juice and like prunes, plums and grapes, pears contain naturally occurring substances which, depending on the quantity consumed and the sensitivity of the individual involved, may not agree with every individual."
It is understood that only a handful of complaints have been received relating to Bulmers Pear.
The spokesperson said that ingredients occur naturally in the pear juice and are not anything that Bulmers has added to the product.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Diageo reaches deal in Stitzel legal row