Blog: Budweiser races to stock Mars bars
Lucy Britner | 16 March 2017
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has announced plans to create a microgravity beer "for when we make it to Mars".
Speaking at the South by Southwest Interactive Festival in Texas earlier this month, the company said it intends for its Budweiser beer to be part of the journey in reaching the next frontier.
"Budweiser believes life in space deserves to be filled with the same enjoyments available here on earth, including beer," the firm said.
"Budweiser can today be enjoyed in every corner of the world, but we now believe it is time for the King of Beers to set its sights on its next destination," said Ricardo Marques, VP, Budweiser. "When the dream of colonising Mars becomes a reality, Budweiser will be there to toast the next great step for mankind."
Maybe in 100 years, the news robots on just-drinks will be writing about the rise of craft brewers on Mars, which in turn will be referred to as planetary headwinds by analysts.
It's the freakiest show.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Low-alcohol beer firm Big Drop Brewing Co has added a pale ale to its line-up. ...
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World