Blog: Budweiser races to stock Mars bars
Lucy Britner | 16 March 2017
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has announced plans to create a microgravity beer "for when we make it to Mars".
Speaking at the South by Southwest Interactive Festival in Texas earlier this month, the company said it intends for its Budweiser beer to be part of the journey in reaching the next frontier.
"Budweiser believes life in space deserves to be filled with the same enjoyments available here on earth, including beer," the firm said.
"Budweiser can today be enjoyed in every corner of the world, but we now believe it is time for the King of Beers to set its sights on its next destination," said Ricardo Marques, VP, Budweiser. "When the dream of colonising Mars becomes a reality, Budweiser will be there to toast the next great step for mankind."
Maybe in 100 years, the news robots on just-drinks will be writing about the rise of craft brewers on Mars, which in turn will be referred to as planetary headwinds by analysts.
It's the freakiest show.
In his latest commentary for just-drinks, former drinks analyst Ian Shackleton heads to Brazil to look at 3G's burned fingers, the future worries for Anheuser-Busch InBev and Britvic's samba moves....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research