Blog: Bubble trouble
Chris Brook-Carter | 3 June 2004
As if being beaten by the Australians in the race for supermarket sales wasn’t depressing enough, one of France’s Champagnes has been beaten in a blind taste test by three sparklers produced in England – oh the ignominy!
Three English sparkling wines beat the Tesco Premier Cru Champagne Brut in a blind taste test for Which? magazine. The Champagne had previously topped a a blind taste test in the magazine in 2002.
No doubt the whole of Chablis breathed a sigh of relief when results for the still wines came in and none of the 17 English still wines tested merited special mention.
However, the sparkler results should in the least provoke a rethink about how the English wine industry is viewed from the outside
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends