Blog: BrewDog serves beer in stuffed animals - Of course they do
Chris Mercer | 22 July 2010
BrewDog's The End of History beer
BrewDog's latest publicity stunt has seen the brewer combine the arts of beer production and taxidermy.
BrewDog has created a 55% abv beer and released 12 bottles that have been placed inside stuffed animals - to be precise, seven dead stoats, four squirrels and a hare.
This is probably the most bizarre press release I have dealt with at just-drinks.
In a typically provocative and ridiculous statement, BrewDog said the beer has been called "The End of History" in a nod to philosopher Francis Fukuyama - "implying this is to beer what democracy is to history". Sure.
"This is the beer to end all beers," declared BrewDog co-founder James Watt. "It’s an audacious blend of eccentricity, artistry and rebellion."
Stuffing beer bottles into dead animals isn't rebellious, James, it's just weird.
BrewDog's founders are so keen to be known as industry mavericks that they seem to have lost their grip on reality. However, I'm sure that my opinion is only a result of my failure to understand the nuances.
Judge for yourself, if you've a spare GBP500 (US$757) under the bed.
Collecting wine is big business – and so is faking it. So, how do you tell your Chateau Lafite from your Chateau La Counterfeit?...
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review