Blog: BrewDog serves beer in stuffed animals - Of course they do
Chris Mercer | 22 July 2010
BrewDog's The End of History beer
BrewDog's latest publicity stunt has seen the brewer combine the arts of beer production and taxidermy.
BrewDog has created a 55% abv beer and released 12 bottles that have been placed inside stuffed animals - to be precise, seven dead stoats, four squirrels and a hare.
This is probably the most bizarre press release I have dealt with at just-drinks.
In a typically provocative and ridiculous statement, BrewDog said the beer has been called "The End of History" in a nod to philosopher Francis Fukuyama - "implying this is to beer what democracy is to history". Sure.
"This is the beer to end all beers," declared BrewDog co-founder James Watt. "It’s an audacious blend of eccentricity, artistry and rebellion."
Stuffing beer bottles into dead animals isn't rebellious, James, it's just weird.
BrewDog's founders are so keen to be known as industry mavericks that they seem to have lost their grip on reality. However, I'm sure that my opinion is only a result of my failure to understand the nuances.
Judge for yourself, if you've a spare GBP500 (US$757) under the bed.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Heineken adds to UK on-trade footprint
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research