Blog: BrewDog serves beer in stuffed animals - Of course they do
Chris Mercer | 22 July 2010
BrewDog's The End of History beer
BrewDog's latest publicity stunt has seen the brewer combine the arts of beer production and taxidermy.
BrewDog has created a 55% abv beer and released 12 bottles that have been placed inside stuffed animals - to be precise, seven dead stoats, four squirrels and a hare.
This is probably the most bizarre press release I have dealt with at just-drinks.
In a typically provocative and ridiculous statement, BrewDog said the beer has been called "The End of History" in a nod to philosopher Francis Fukuyama - "implying this is to beer what democracy is to history". Sure.
"This is the beer to end all beers," declared BrewDog co-founder James Watt. "It’s an audacious blend of eccentricity, artistry and rebellion."
Stuffing beer bottles into dead animals isn't rebellious, James, it's just weird.
BrewDog's founders are so keen to be known as industry mavericks that they seem to have lost their grip on reality. However, I'm sure that my opinion is only a result of my failure to understand the nuances.
Judge for yourself, if you've a spare GBP500 (US$757) under the bed.
I've stopped short of covering it as a product launch story on just-drinks, but take a look at this. Released this month in the UK, Snuffle Dog Beer is already available in 25 markets....
PepsiCo received high praise when it announced it was to launch its stevia-based Pepsi extension True exclusively on Amazon in the US....
Sean 'Diddy' Combs, the US rapper and entrepreneur, has publicly turned against his apparent former favourite Tequlia brand, Patron, now that he is joint-owner of DeLeón Tequila....
The Coca-Cola Co has spent a lot of money recently fighting accusations that soft drinks make you fat....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research