Blog: BrewDog serves beer in stuffed animals - Of course they do
Chris Mercer | 22 July 2010
BrewDog's The End of History beer
BrewDog's latest publicity stunt has seen the brewer combine the arts of beer production and taxidermy.
BrewDog has created a 55% abv beer and released 12 bottles that have been placed inside stuffed animals - to be precise, seven dead stoats, four squirrels and a hare.
This is probably the most bizarre press release I have dealt with at just-drinks.
In a typically provocative and ridiculous statement, BrewDog said the beer has been called "The End of History" in a nod to philosopher Francis Fukuyama - "implying this is to beer what democracy is to history". Sure.
"This is the beer to end all beers," declared BrewDog co-founder James Watt. "It’s an audacious blend of eccentricity, artistry and rebellion."
Stuffing beer bottles into dead animals isn't rebellious, James, it's just weird.
BrewDog's founders are so keen to be known as industry mavericks that they seem to have lost their grip on reality. However, I'm sure that my opinion is only a result of my failure to understand the nuances.
Judge for yourself, if you've a spare GBP500 (US$757) under the bed.
Heineken is gearing up for a product launch in Australia this month. But exactly what the product is, the brewer is not saying....
It's Summer in the northern hemisphere and the beer festivals are in full swing. Even the famously secluded North Korea is letting its regulation-cut hair down with the Taedonggang Beer Festival, name...
Drinks companies that use celebrities and influencers to endorse products via social media could be in line for some rule changes....
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages