Blog: BrewDog leashed? Not yet
Andy Morton | 3 September 2014
But in an interview with the London Times on Monday, the brewer's co-founder James Watt suggested he was ready to rein in his company's wilder impulses, in particular its naked contempt for mainstream lagers.
“We’ve more than made our point about our disdain for industrial beers and big breweries, and there’s only so long we can play that card,” Watt was reported as saying.
But old habits die hard.
A press release this week on BrewDog's latest beer launch, a lager, quotes Watt as saying: “For years, global breweries have spent millions convincing the British public that lager is a beer style best served as fizzy, tasteless liquid cardboard propped up by snappy straplines, glamorous advertising or counterfeit stories of foreign provenance.”
Looks like BrewDog has not yet lost its bark.
Sectors: Beer & cider
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
On Monday, 4 May, just-drinks will be closed, as it is a public holiday in the UK....
To London yesterday evening for what turned out to be quite a treat of a whisky tasting....
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Martell's CEO & chairman, Philippe Guettat
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Currency woes hurt Latin American FTZs - Diageo
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- A-B InBev snaps up Bogotá Beer Co in Colombia
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- Beam Suntory defeats 'handmade' lawsuit
- Diageo Canada adds new RTD canning line
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review