Blog: BrewDog leashed? Not yet
Andy Morton | 3 September 2014
But in an interview with the London Times on Monday, the brewer's co-founder James Watt suggested he was ready to rein in his company's wilder impulses, in particular its naked contempt for mainstream lagers.
“We’ve more than made our point about our disdain for industrial beers and big breweries, and there’s only so long we can play that card,” Watt was reported as saying.
But old habits die hard.
A press release this week on BrewDog's latest beer launch, a lager, quotes Watt as saying: “For years, global breweries have spent millions convincing the British public that lager is a beer style best served as fizzy, tasteless liquid cardboard propped up by snappy straplines, glamorous advertising or counterfeit stories of foreign provenance.”
Looks like BrewDog has not yet lost its bark.
Sectors: Beer & cider
Want to know how The Coca-Cola Co-backed Keurig Kold - released in the US yesterday - works?...
MillerCoors is releasing a retro bottle for its Miller Lite brand in the US in the run-up to Christmas....
While analysts mull the numbers of Anheuser-Busch InBev's impending offer for SABMiller, there's a timely reminder in The Times newspaper this week that the proposed deal may yet fall victim to other ...
Part of my lot on just-drinks is to nail down senior executives within our industry – the more senior the better. I've enjoyed interviewing many of the CEOs within our ranks, but one that I have never...
Asahi has identified a "large format sharing bottle" market in the UK for its Asahi Super Dry lager brand....
Sometimes, it's the simple things in life that are the most satisfying. Like a good book and a decent glass of wine......
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- The new Johnnie Walker ad and today's consumers
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Moet Hennessy hails Formula One deal for Chandon
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research