Blog: BrewDog leashed? Not yet
Andy Morton | 3 September 2014
But in an interview with the London Times on Monday, the brewer's co-founder James Watt suggested he was ready to rein in his company's wilder impulses, in particular its naked contempt for mainstream lagers.
“We’ve more than made our point about our disdain for industrial beers and big breweries, and there’s only so long we can play that card,” Watt was reported as saying.
But old habits die hard.
A press release this week on BrewDog's latest beer launch, a lager, quotes Watt as saying: “For years, global breweries have spent millions convincing the British public that lager is a beer style best served as fizzy, tasteless liquid cardboard propped up by snappy straplines, glamorous advertising or counterfeit stories of foreign provenance.”
Looks like BrewDog has not yet lost its bark.
Sectors: Beer & cider
Spotted in Havana this week – a healthy stock of Pernod Ricard's Havanista rum. ...
Alcohol always has a big presence at the Oscars, albeit mostly in a supporting role....
Business is booming at copper pot still makers Chalvignac - you can tell from the loud noise coming from its factory floor in the French town of Jarnac-Champagne. ...
Heineken is betting big on the long-term opportunity around soccer in the US. ...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report