Blog: Breakfast with Olly - the new way to start the day?
Olly Wehring | 27 August 2009
Those in the know will, of course, recognise that there is no better place to get all the best news, comment and analysis on today's Diageo results than right here on just-drinks. Not only were we at today's results presentation, but the reason I am back in the drinks blogosphere is that our esteemed editor has once more popped out - this time to interview Paul Walsh, Diageo's CEO, face-to-face.
However, if this wasn't enough to fulfil your daily fix of just-drinks coverage, you may like to know that you could have shared your breakfast this morning with Olly as he guested on the CNBC business breakfast show.
Is there a better accompaniment to your eggs and bacon than this pithy insight into the state of the alcohol industry?
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo and Coca-Cola Co, Castel, Molson Coors and the cachaca sector....
There was a big focus on supermarkets and their Scotch offerings this week when a couple of own-brand malts scooped top awards at the International Wines and Spirits Competition (IWSC)....
You can't seem to move at the moment for news of US craft brewers expanding....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Coca-Cola Life, Australian Vintage, Pernod Ricard and BrewDog....
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- NPD: Alcohol Beverage “Mash-Ups” Fuel Innovation
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Britvic promotes GB marketing head to global post
- Molson Coors CEO to retire
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned