Blog: Breakfast with Olly - the new way to start the day?
Olly Wehring | 27 August 2009
Those in the know will, of course, recognise that there is no better place to get all the best news, comment and analysis on today's Diageo results than right here on just-drinks. Not only were we at today's results presentation, but the reason I am back in the drinks blogosphere is that our esteemed editor has once more popped out - this time to interview Paul Walsh, Diageo's CEO, face-to-face.
However, if this wasn't enough to fulfil your daily fix of just-drinks coverage, you may like to know that you could have shared your breakfast this morning with Olly as he guested on the CNBC business breakfast show.
Is there a better accompaniment to your eggs and bacon than this pithy insight into the state of the alcohol industry?
The Coca-Cola Co has had its fair share of critics this year, from health campaigners to investor David Winters, who this week called for CEO Muhtar Kent to be replaced....
The UK health lobby is always very vocal on alcohol at this time of year, predictably so, and this year is no different. ...
“Ah, yes, you've hit upon a very sensitive area,” says Thomas, my guide at the Carlsberg Brewery in Copenhagen last Friday....
Experimentation has long been a watchword in the Scotch whisky industry. It is what has given consumers the huge range of ageing options, from refill hogsheads to virgin oak to Sherry butts....
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban