Blog: Brand new
Chris Brook-Carter | 8 September 2003
See our news section for an image of the latest design.
As for the just-drinks jury - well it's still out.
Personally I liked the "old" design (in fact its less than five years old). Crisp, clear and understated, it had a timeless appeal that I thought reflected its world leading position.
The new design is a bold attempt to be contemporary and is clearly aimed at the clubbing classes. However, in seeking to be contemporary Diageo has run the risk of cheapening its image and while it may look great on the RTDs when they are re-launched in the same style next year, it may quickly look dated on the parent product.
That said, according to Diageo, 75% of those tested in market research preferred the new design. And indeed that was the ratio that favoured new over old in a quick straw poll here in the office.
So what do I know?
If you have any thoughts let us know by emailing: email@example.com
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts