Blog: Brand new
Chris Brook-Carter | 8 September 2003
See our news section for an image of the latest design.
As for the just-drinks jury - well it's still out.
Personally I liked the "old" design (in fact its less than five years old). Crisp, clear and understated, it had a timeless appeal that I thought reflected its world leading position.
The new design is a bold attempt to be contemporary and is clearly aimed at the clubbing classes. However, in seeking to be contemporary Diageo has run the risk of cheapening its image and while it may look great on the RTDs when they are re-launched in the same style next year, it may quickly look dated on the parent product.
That said, according to Diageo, 75% of those tested in market research preferred the new design. And indeed that was the ratio that favoured new over old in a quick straw poll here in the office.
So what do I know?
If you have any thoughts let us know by emailing: email@example.com
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the second and final part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol...
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's daily blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol indu...
Responding to criticism on social media is tough. You've got to engage the consumer without starting an argument and - ideally - get them on side....
Want to know how The Coca-Cola Co-backed Keurig Kold - released in the US yesterday - works?...
- Winners & losers of AB InBev's SABMiller takeover
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- Ketel One co-owner now Bols' largest shareholder
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report