Blog: Brand new
Chris Brook-Carter | 8 September 2003
See our news section for an image of the latest design.
As for the just-drinks jury - well it's still out.
Personally I liked the "old" design (in fact its less than five years old). Crisp, clear and understated, it had a timeless appeal that I thought reflected its world leading position.
The new design is a bold attempt to be contemporary and is clearly aimed at the clubbing classes. However, in seeking to be contemporary Diageo has run the risk of cheapening its image and while it may look great on the RTDs when they are re-launched in the same style next year, it may quickly look dated on the parent product.
That said, according to Diageo, 75% of those tested in market research preferred the new design. And indeed that was the ratio that favoured new over old in a quick straw poll here in the office.
So what do I know?
If you have any thoughts let us know by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends