Blog: Brand new
Chris Brook-Carter | 8 September 2003
See our news section for an image of the latest design.
As for the just-drinks jury - well it's still out.
Personally I liked the "old" design (in fact its less than five years old). Crisp, clear and understated, it had a timeless appeal that I thought reflected its world leading position.
The new design is a bold attempt to be contemporary and is clearly aimed at the clubbing classes. However, in seeking to be contemporary Diageo has run the risk of cheapening its image and while it may look great on the RTDs when they are re-launched in the same style next year, it may quickly look dated on the parent product.
That said, according to Diageo, 75% of those tested in market research preferred the new design. And indeed that was the ratio that favoured new over old in a quick straw poll here in the office.
So what do I know?
If you have any thoughts let us know by emailing: email@example.com
Some people in India believe alcohol should be more difficult to purchase. Last month, the state of Bihar halted all alcohol sales as its chief minister made good on an election promise. ...
Greetings from Zurich. Here as a guest of Heineken's Amstel brand, I'm due to sit down later today with the group's senior global director for international brands, Walter Drenth....
Drinks companies spend a lot of money on trying to predict trends. At last night's Worshipful Company of Distillers City debate, any strategists in the audience got a bit of forecasting for free....
I'll admit to being partial to an Aperol Spritz now and again, more usually in the summer months, sitting outside, shades on, slowly turning more golden/rusty....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China