Blog: Brakspear: Tuesday's not taxing
Olly Wehring | 16 February 2012
A quick heads-up, dear reader: I won't be at the coalface this coming Tuesday. No, I shall be in lovely, leafy Henley-on-Thames.
Ten pubs operated by Brakspear in Henley, which is about 30 miles west of London, are staging a ‘Tax-Free Beer Day’ on Tuesday. From opening the doors to last orders, the pubs will be selling pints of Brakspear Bitter for GBP2.00 (US$3.14) each.
“Beer duty, VAT (value added tax) and other taxes together add around GBP1.30 to a pint of beer (based on a price of GBP3.10), turning what should be one of life’s affordable pleasures into an irregular treat for many people and contributing to pub closures,” the company said.
I can see this kind form of protest catching on, you know.
So, on Tuesday, if anyone needs me, I’ll be in one of these.
Forget gluten-free. Fodmaps are the latest food trend, and if you work in the soft drinks industry it is important to know where you stand with them....
Companies are very protective of their brand image. So it is refreshing to hear Diageo's Garbhan O’Bric, the global brand director for Baileys, speak the unvarnished truth when talking about the lique...
Alcohol companies love a good movie tie-in. A brush with Hollywood glamour seems to give marketers the warm and fuzzies, judging by the number of deals done over the past few years. The new James Bond...
just-drinks is in Cannes this week at the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Trave...
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- This week in spirits & wine
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts