Blog: Brakspear: Tuesday's not taxing
Olly Wehring | 16 February 2012
A quick heads-up, dear reader: I won't be at the coalface this coming Tuesday. No, I shall be in lovely, leafy Henley-on-Thames.
Ten pubs operated by Brakspear in Henley, which is about 30 miles west of London, are staging a ‘Tax-Free Beer Day’ on Tuesday. From opening the doors to last orders, the pubs will be selling pints of Brakspear Bitter for GBP2.00 (US$3.14) each.
“Beer duty, VAT (value added tax) and other taxes together add around GBP1.30 to a pint of beer (based on a price of GBP3.10), turning what should be one of life’s affordable pleasures into an irregular treat for many people and contributing to pub closures,” the company said.
I can see this kind form of protest catching on, you know.
So, on Tuesday, if anyone needs me, I’ll be in one of these.
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer