Blog: Bottled Water - lies, damned lies?
Olly Wehring | 29 July 2009
The trials and tribulations facing the bottled water industry have been well-documented of late. The most recent example comes from Australia, where, earlier this month, the government departments of New South Wales were banned from buying bottled water.
A worse example, in the US this time, has come to light this week, with anti-bottled water group Tappening launching a campaign accusing the industry of out-and-out lying in its marketing.
“Puffery is one thing, but some advertising is simply lies,” said Tappening co-founder, Mark DiMassimo. “We’re not just admitting it up front (in the new campaign), we’re bragging about it.”
The campaign will include a website where anyone can go to 'start their own lie', and can view or download a series of four ads, one of which is pictured below.
The other three ads claim that bottled water makes acid rain fall on playgrounds, is the primary cause of restless leg syndrome, and causes blindness in puppies.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Coca-Cola Amatil FY 2016 - results data
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends