Blog: Bottled Water - lies, damned lies?
Olly Wehring | 29 July 2009
The trials and tribulations facing the bottled water industry have been well-documented of late. The most recent example comes from Australia, where, earlier this month, the government departments of New South Wales were banned from buying bottled water.
A worse example, in the US this time, has come to light this week, with anti-bottled water group Tappening launching a campaign accusing the industry of out-and-out lying in its marketing.
“Puffery is one thing, but some advertising is simply lies,” said Tappening co-founder, Mark DiMassimo. “We’re not just admitting it up front (in the new campaign), we’re bragging about it.”
The campaign will include a website where anyone can go to 'start their own lie', and can view or download a series of four ads, one of which is pictured below.
The other three ads claim that bottled water makes acid rain fall on playgrounds, is the primary cause of restless leg syndrome, and causes blindness in puppies.
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends