Blog: Born in the USAussie
Chris Brook-Carter | 18 October 2004
Just when you thought your job couldn’t get any harder…
Today in London, the Wine Institute of California outlined plans to increase awareness of the region’s wines in the UK market. The strategy is based on extensive research into UK consumers’ perceptions of Californian wine by Wine Intelligence, the Institute said.
When Wine Intelligence asked consumers what brands they thought of when the word ‘California’ is mentioned, the usual suspects showed their faces – Gallo, Blossom Hill, you know the drill. An eyebrow ought to be raised, however to the appearance of one brand on the list: Jacob’s Creek.
Those pesky Australians get everywhere, don’t they?
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends