Blog: Blend it like Ballantine's? Pernod offers travellers interactive 'experience'
James Wilmore | 2 January 2015
The Ballantines Blending Experience at Charles De Gaulle airport
With Travel Retail becoming increasingly important to drinks firms it's no surprise that the means to attract consumers are becoming more sophisticated.
Enter stage left, the latest wheeze from Pernod Ricard around its Ballantine's blended Scotch whisky brand. At Paris' Charles De Gaulle airport, the company is giving travellers the chance to assume the role of master blender as part of an "interactive blending experience". During the "experience" punters also get to taste a dram.
Charles De Gaulle appears to be a particular hotbed in Europe for alcohol companies, with Moët Hennessy having opened its own bespoke store at the airport last October.
The 'Ballantine’s Blending Experience' pop-up runs until 19 January at Charles De Gaulle before rolling out across Aelia stores in Charles de Gaulle Terminal 2 S4 next month and Warsaw Chopin Airport in March.
Treasury Wine Estates has renamed and repackaged its fruit wine range in the UK as it looks to bring the products in line with the Blossom Hill brand. ...
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery