Blog: Blend it like Ballantine's? Pernod offers travellers interactive 'experience'
James Wilmore | 2 January 2015
The Ballantines Blending Experience at Charles De Gaulle airport
With Travel Retail becoming increasingly important to drinks firms it's no surprise that the means to attract consumers are becoming more sophisticated.
Enter stage left, the latest wheeze from Pernod Ricard around its Ballantine's blended Scotch whisky brand. At Paris' Charles De Gaulle airport, the company is giving travellers the chance to assume the role of master blender as part of an "interactive blending experience". During the "experience" punters also get to taste a dram.
Charles De Gaulle appears to be a particular hotbed in Europe for alcohol companies, with Moët Hennessy having opened its own bespoke store at the airport last October.
The 'Ballantine’s Blending Experience' pop-up runs until 19 January at Charles De Gaulle before rolling out across Aelia stores in Charles de Gaulle Terminal 2 S4 next month and Warsaw Chopin Airport in March.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends