Blog: Benevolent Ball - today's got hangover written all over it
Olly Wehring | 16 March 2007
Hearty thanks to all at Chivas Brothers for inviting news ed Dean and I to the Benevolent Ball in London last night. Strangely, this was my first showing at this annual event, held yesterday at the Dorchester Hotel on Park Lane.
Naturally, I dug into my pocket for the charity, with a donation at the tombola, but stopped short of bidding for any of the range of goodies in the silent auction – I don’t want a cricket shirt that some player or other has scrawled on anyway.
A couple of points – firstly, the invitation said carriages were at 0100am. So, what were they thinking letting me hang around until 0230? Poor organisation, I tell you.
Also, I need to apologise to anyone attending who didn’t find any spare miniatures of Amaretto on their tables at the end of the evening – it’s Miss Olly’s favourite, you see, and I had to thank her for the pass-out.
The homebrewing revival continues in the UK - and evidence has come that even the supermarket chains are taking it semi-seriously. ...
Does Pernod Ricard have something to hide? In a press conference after the release of full-year results today, only a quarter of the 100 minutes were given over to questions from journalists....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Carlsberg, Heineken, Coca-Cola Amatil, California's winelands and Cognac....
The Coca-Cola Co's Keurig Cold machine won't be out until next year. But co-developer Keurig Green Mountain has given us a taste with the unveiling this weekend of another at-home beverage platform, t...
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push