Blog: Benevolent Ball - today's got hangover written all over it
Olly Wehring | 16 March 2007
Hearty thanks to all at Chivas Brothers for inviting news ed Dean and I to the Benevolent Ball in London last night. Strangely, this was my first showing at this annual event, held yesterday at the Dorchester Hotel on Park Lane.
Naturally, I dug into my pocket for the charity, with a donation at the tombola, but stopped short of bidding for any of the range of goodies in the silent auction – I don’t want a cricket shirt that some player or other has scrawled on anyway.
A couple of points – firstly, the invitation said carriages were at 0100am. So, what were they thinking letting me hang around until 0230? Poor organisation, I tell you.
Also, I need to apologise to anyone attending who didn’t find any spare miniatures of Amaretto on their tables at the end of the evening – it’s Miss Olly’s favourite, you see, and I had to thank her for the pass-out.
Want to know how The Coca-Cola Co-backed Keurig Kold - released in the US yesterday - works?...
While analysts mull the numbers of Anheuser-Busch InBev's impending offer for SABMiller, there's a timely reminder in The Times newspaper this week that the proposed deal may yet fall victim to other ...
Part of my lot on just-drinks is to nail down senior executives within our industry – the more senior the better. I've enjoyed interviewing many of the CEOs within our ranks, but one that I have never...
Sometimes, it's the simple things in life that are the most satisfying. Like a good book and a decent glass of wine......
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Moet Hennessy hails Formula One deal for Chandon
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research