Blog: Benevolent Ball - today's got hangover written all over it
Olly Wehring | 16 March 2007
Hearty thanks to all at Chivas Brothers for inviting news ed Dean and I to the Benevolent Ball in London last night. Strangely, this was my first showing at this annual event, held yesterday at the Dorchester Hotel on Park Lane.
Naturally, I dug into my pocket for the charity, with a donation at the tombola, but stopped short of bidding for any of the range of goodies in the silent auction – I don’t want a cricket shirt that some player or other has scrawled on anyway.
A couple of points – firstly, the invitation said carriages were at 0100am. So, what were they thinking letting me hang around until 0230? Poor organisation, I tell you.
Also, I need to apologise to anyone attending who didn’t find any spare miniatures of Amaretto on their tables at the end of the evening – it’s Miss Olly’s favourite, you see, and I had to thank her for the pass-out.
Some people in India believe alcohol should be more difficult to purchase. Last month, the state of Bihar halted all alcohol sales as its chief minister made good on an election promise. ...
Greetings from Zurich. Here as a guest of Heineken's Amstel brand, I'm due to sit down later today with the group's senior global director for international brands, Walter Drenth....
Drinks companies spend a lot of money on trying to predict trends. At last night's Worshipful Company of Distillers City debate, any strategists in the audience got a bit of forecasting for free....
I'll admit to being partial to an Aperol Spritz now and again, more usually in the summer months, sitting outside, shades on, slowly turning more golden/rusty....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends