Blog: Benevolent Ball - today's got hangover written all over it
Olly Wehring | 16 March 2007
Hearty thanks to all at Chivas Brothers for inviting news ed Dean and I to the Benevolent Ball in London last night. Strangely, this was my first showing at this annual event, held yesterday at the Dorchester Hotel on Park Lane.
Naturally, I dug into my pocket for the charity, with a donation at the tombola, but stopped short of bidding for any of the range of goodies in the silent auction – I don’t want a cricket shirt that some player or other has scrawled on anyway.
A couple of points – firstly, the invitation said carriages were at 0100am. So, what were they thinking letting me hang around until 0230? Poor organisation, I tell you.
Also, I need to apologise to anyone attending who didn’t find any spare miniatures of Amaretto on their tables at the end of the evening – it’s Miss Olly’s favourite, you see, and I had to thank her for the pass-out.
The long-running spat between US and Czech brewers stepped up a notch this week after the Czech president described American beer as “filthy water”....
I've stopped short of covering it as a product launch story on just-drinks, but take a look at this. Released this month in the UK, Snuffle Dog Beer is already available in 25 markets....
PepsiCo received high praise when it announced it was to launch its stevia-based Pepsi extension True exclusively on Amazon in the US....
Sean 'Diddy' Combs, the US rapper and entrepreneur, has publicly turned against his apparent former favourite Tequlia brand, Patron, now that he is joint-owner of DeLeón Tequila....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018