Blog: Beer quiz - think you know your industry?
Olly Wehring | 29 November 2006
Okay, all you smart alecs out there - you think you know your beer?
Instead of a tasting, though, I’ve got a geeky industry question for you.
I want you to give me your guesses for which European nation has the most breweries per capita.
Here’s a clue - or could it be a red herring - a top eight chart of Euro countries was compiled by the Danish tourism centre in Germany.
Answers will be here, same time tomorrow. The winner gets… heightened kudos within the drinks industry.
Whisk(e)y companies spend a lot of money and effort ageing their products for that premium taste....
PepsiCo created a stir last week with the news it is testing a product called Caleb's Kola, with some in the media claiming it was the beginning of a new “craft soda” category....
SABMiller's bid to widen the appeal of beer is very much in evidence at its latest 'House of Peroni' - with beer cocktails and a bigger bottle for the Italian lager brand on offer. ...
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo, SABMiller, the Scotch whisky category and the US wine market....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Focus - Heineken's Q3 Performance by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch