Blog: Beer quiz - the answers
Olly Wehring | 30 November 2006
So, how did you do with yesterday's quiz question?
Here it is, then. The chart of European countries with the most breweries per inhabitant.
In reverse order:
8. Italy with 3.64m inhabitants per brewery
7. Ireland with 528,571
6. Finland with 333,333
5. Norway with 184,800
4. Sweden with 180,000
3. Germany with 77,000
2. Denmark with 62,400
And the winner is…
1. Austria, with 56,860
Whither Czech Republic and Belgium, I’d like to know.
How many beer mugs can one man carry? ...
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Pernod Ricard, The Coca-Cola Co, SABMiller's new Scotch whisky and Santa Rita Estates....
The US state of Arkansas goes to the polls on 4 November to decide whether to end so-called “dry” counties, meaning ones that don't allow any alcohol sales. About half of the state's 75 counties are a...
Often there's no guessing when a marketing prank will hit the spot and when it won't. ...
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Will Remy come off worse in China Cognac recovery?
- William Grant and Drambuie: It Had to be You
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Soft Drinks & Water - Russia in Turmoil
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- Diageo opens Guinness Brewhouse No 4 in Dublin
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp
- Scottish leader speaks out over Scotch whisky
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l