Blog: Beer and breakfast DO go together
Andy Morton | 13 August 2015
Is this the true breakfast of champions?
A craft brewer in Minneapolis has teamed up with Wheaties maker General Mills to launch a Hefeweizen beer called HefeWheaties.
According to Fortune, there's nothing of the breakfast cereal in the beer, nor is this a large undertaking. It's a limited-edition for the Minnesota area and only came about because the co-founder of the brewer used to work for General Mills.
But it should give beer makers pause for thought.
Of course, the most important thing would be the resultant pun from the branding mash-up, but though I've sat here for ten minutes trying to think of one, I can't make anything work.
I'll get back to you on that.
UPDATE: Coco Hops!
In his latest commentary for just-drinks, former drinks analyst Ian Shackleton heads to Brazil to look at 3G's burned fingers, the future worries for Anheuser-Busch InBev and Britvic's samba moves....
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research