Blog: Beer and breakfast DO go together
Andy Morton | 13 August 2015
Is this the true breakfast of champions?
A craft brewer in Minneapolis has teamed up with Wheaties maker General Mills to launch a Hefeweizen beer called HefeWheaties.
According to Fortune, there's nothing of the breakfast cereal in the beer, nor is this a large undertaking. It's a limited-edition for the Minnesota area and only came about because the co-founder of the brewer used to work for General Mills.
But it should give beer makers pause for thought.
Of course, the most important thing would be the resultant pun from the branding mash-up, but though I've sat here for ten minutes trying to think of one, I can't make anything work.
I'll get back to you on that.
UPDATE: Coco Hops!
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Beam Suntory workers end Jim Beam strike
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends