Blog: Beer and breakfast DO go together
Andy Morton | 13 August 2015
Is this the true breakfast of champions?
A craft brewer in Minneapolis has teamed up with Wheaties maker General Mills to launch a Hefeweizen beer called HefeWheaties.
According to Fortune, there's nothing of the breakfast cereal in the beer, nor is this a large undertaking. It's a limited-edition for the Minnesota area and only came about because the co-founder of the brewer used to work for General Mills.
But it should give beer makers pause for thought.
Of course, the most important thing would be the resultant pun from the branding mash-up, but though I've sat here for ten minutes trying to think of one, I can't make anything work.
I'll get back to you on that.
UPDATE: Coco Hops!
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits