Blog: Beer and breakfast DO go together
Andy Morton | 13 August 2015
Is this the true breakfast of champions?
A craft brewer in Minneapolis has teamed up with Wheaties maker General Mills to launch a Hefeweizen beer called HefeWheaties.
According to Fortune, there's nothing of the breakfast cereal in the beer, nor is this a large undertaking. It's a limited-edition for the Minnesota area and only came about because the co-founder of the brewer used to work for General Mills.
But it should give beer makers pause for thought.
Of course, the most important thing would be the resultant pun from the branding mash-up, but though I've sat here for ten minutes trying to think of one, I can't make anything work.
I'll get back to you on that.
UPDATE: Coco Hops!
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends