Blog: Beefeater Borough's Reserve: But, where are the beefeaters?
Olly Wehring | 22 April 2013
Well, Pernod Ricard, I must say I am a mite disappointed in you.
Just over four years ago, Pernod's Chivas Brothers Scotch and premium gin unit put on the party to end all parties to back the launch of Beefeater 24. The addition of a permanent extension to Beefeater's portfolio warranted a fleet of Mercedes to collect us from the nearest train station, the hire of the home of the Duke of Northumberland, Syon Park, and the recruitment of the circus troupe and vaudeville act Lost Vagueness to provide entertainment at literally every corner.
The announcement - if you want to call it that - of the latest Beefeater extension today, however, didn't quite match up.
All we got to herald the launch of Beefeater Burrough's Reserve on this miserable Monday was a press release and a photo. No swanky cars, no posh pile in the country... Dammit, not even any fire-eating beefeaters.
And, as many of you know, my opinion has always been: No fire-eating beefeaters; no comment.
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends