Blog: Beef with wine, that's mighty fine
Olly Wehring | 8 January 2007
When it comes to pairing food with wine, nothing, in my opinion, comes close to steak with red. When I visited Argentina last year (does anyone out there still actually NOT know that I went to Argentina?), my diet consisted of a slab of beef with a drop of red for almost the entire three weeks I was there - “No beef for breakfast? Fine, I’ll be eating somewhere else, then, thank-you.”
With Australia’s wine glut already well-documented, then, how’s about this for mixing the best of both worlds?
An Australian cattle farmer is feeding his cows red wine, to add some extra flavour to the meat. Margaret River Premium Meat Exports is giving its Wagyu cattle a litre of red wine a day for their last 60 days to add a hint of sweetness to the meat.
The lucky cows are getting their wine from Chestnut Grove vineyard, in the Margaret River region. The wine retails at A$20 (US$15.60) a bottle.
That’s actually a shade more than I spend on a bottle at my local supermarket.
Forget gluten-free. Fodmaps are the latest food trend, and if you work in the soft drinks industry it is important to know where you stand with them....
Companies are very protective of their brand image. So it is refreshing to hear Diageo's Garbhan O’Bric, the global brand director for Baileys, speak the unvarnished truth when talking about the lique...
Alcohol companies love a good movie tie-in. A brush with Hollywood glamour seems to give marketers the warm and fuzzies, judging by the number of deals done over the past few years. The new James Bond...
just-drinks is in Cannes this week at the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Trave...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- This week in spirits & wine
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts