Blog: Beef with wine, that's mighty fine
Olly Wehring | 8 January 2007
When it comes to pairing food with wine, nothing, in my opinion, comes close to steak with red. When I visited Argentina last year (does anyone out there still actually NOT know that I went to Argentina?), my diet consisted of a slab of beef with a drop of red for almost the entire three weeks I was there - “No beef for breakfast? Fine, I’ll be eating somewhere else, then, thank-you.”
With Australia’s wine glut already well-documented, then, how’s about this for mixing the best of both worlds?
An Australian cattle farmer is feeding his cows red wine, to add some extra flavour to the meat. Margaret River Premium Meat Exports is giving its Wagyu cattle a litre of red wine a day for their last 60 days to add a hint of sweetness to the meat.
The lucky cows are getting their wine from Chestnut Grove vineyard, in the Margaret River region. The wine retails at A$20 (US$15.60) a bottle.
That’s actually a shade more than I spend on a bottle at my local supermarket.
It seems even 250-year-old Cognac houses want to be like Google these days....
It's not even available on pre-order yet, but Apple's latest piece of kit has already got a breathalyser app....
just-drinks is now closed for the Easter weekend....
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report