Blog: Beating the beer belly
Chris Mercer | 5 August 2010
It's the week of the Great British Beer Festival here in London, which means another round of stories about how beer is less fattening than other alcoholic drinks.
The guardians of the long-running Campaign for Real Ale must have been scraping the barrel for news if they needed to drag out this old stodge for another airing.
Firstly, alcohol and health claims is not a winner, if only because I'd wager that most people don't drink booze for the good of their health.
Secondly, take a look round the Great British Beer Festival and you'll also see some Great British Beer Bellies. Clearly something of a marketing problem there.
Thirdly, aren't there better things to talk about? Like how the quality and diversity of beer in the UK is getting better?
Drink beer because it tastes good. Simple.
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the second and final part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol...
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's daily blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol indu...
Responding to criticism on social media is tough. You've got to engage the consumer without starting an argument and - ideally - get them on side....
Want to know how The Coca-Cola Co-backed Keurig Kold - released in the US yesterday - works?...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research