Blog: Beam Inc - Hey, fellas, I have an idea
Olly Wehring | 3 May 2013
Did anyone else find it curious yesterday to see volumes of Maker's Mark soar in Beam Inc's first quarter? After all, a 44% leap in quarterly volumes year-on-year positively jumped off the page.
My eyebrows rose even higher when Beam CEO Matt Shattock conceded that the brands performance in the three months to the end of March was related to the company's announcement – and then the subsequent climbdown – that it was reducing the Bourbon's abv.
Maybe, if Beam makes this move every quarter – perhaps with a different brand each time – it would prevent the “cycling tough comps” line from having to be resorted to.
Could it happen? According to this report, a section of the beer community wants to ditch the word craft. They prefer instead the term “Indie” for brewers they believe follow the enlightened path of t...
The global elite were in Switzerland last week for the World Economic Forum in Davos, the annual corporate huddle for the rich and powerful. The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co, Muhtar Kent, was there too, de...
With The Coca-Cola Co stealing yesterday's limelight with its new united marketing strategy for brand Coke yesterday, a Forbes interview with PepsiCo North America Beverages' new CMO, Seth Kaufman, sl...
It is a bold attempt to regain a measure of control in the ever-spiraling debate about sugar. But will The Coca-Cola Co's new marketing strategy - which for the first time ties all of the Coke family ...
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch