Blog: Barmy army prompts end of sports sponsorship?
Olly Wehring | 6 August 2009
The start of the fourth Ashes test tomorrow (7 August) up in the north of England has got sports fans here in the UK really quite excited.
The biennial, best-of-five, five-day cricket tournament against Australia travels around the country, having already visited Cardiff, London and Birmingham. Next stop: Leeds.
The last game, however, held last week at Edgbaston in Birmingham, hit the headlines here for the lively - some say raucous - behaviour of the spectators.
Take a look here, then, for the slant the media here has had on the situation.
It's quite clear from the footage that alcohol had been consumed, but what is strange is that, when I went with Coca-Cola GB to see the second test at Lord's in London, the atmosphere was one of almost reverence. And we'd been drinking, too.
So, banning alcohol sponsorship in sport? Is that not a bit... draconian?
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits