Blog: Baker eyes First Quench stores
Olly Wehring | 12 November 2009
Bizarrely, it was confirmed to just-drinks today (12 November) that Greggs, yes the baker, is interested in buying around 100 Threshers stores from the collapsed First Quench Retailing group.
It seems First Quench is now nearing its bid deadline after collapsing into administration last month, and it has certainly attracted a lot of attention.
According to administrators KPMG, the company has had “stacks of interest”, with Greggs just one of those. If the baker is successful I don’t think we can expect a sausage roll with each purchase of wine but more likely a conversion of the stores.
Whatever the outcome, with bids in tomorrow, we expect to learn more next week…
You can find the latest news on First Quench Retailing by clicking here.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research