Blog: Baker eyes First Quench stores
Olly Wehring | 12 November 2009
Bizarrely, it was confirmed to just-drinks today (12 November) that Greggs, yes the baker, is interested in buying around 100 Threshers stores from the collapsed First Quench Retailing group.
It seems First Quench is now nearing its bid deadline after collapsing into administration last month, and it has certainly attracted a lot of attention.
According to administrators KPMG, the company has had “stacks of interest”, with Greggs just one of those. If the baker is successful I don’t think we can expect a sausage roll with each purchase of wine but more likely a conversion of the stores.
Whatever the outcome, with bids in tomorrow, we expect to learn more next week…
You can find the latest news on First Quench Retailing by clicking here.
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Global water targets risk hiding local concerns
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends