Blog: Baker eyes First Quench stores
Olly Wehring | 12 November 2009
Bizarrely, it was confirmed to just-drinks today (12 November) that Greggs, yes the baker, is interested in buying around 100 Threshers stores from the collapsed First Quench Retailing group.
It seems First Quench is now nearing its bid deadline after collapsing into administration last month, and it has certainly attracted a lot of attention.
According to administrators KPMG, the company has had “stacks of interest”, with Greggs just one of those. If the baker is successful I don’t think we can expect a sausage roll with each purchase of wine but more likely a conversion of the stores.
Whatever the outcome, with bids in tomorrow, we expect to learn more next week…
You can find the latest news on First Quench Retailing by clicking here.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Coca-Cola Amatil FY 2016 - results data
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends