Blog: Baijiu on the BBC - just-drinks speaks
Olly Wehring | 4 July 2014
Insomniac radio listeners may have heard me on the BBC World Service this morning, discussing the launch of baijiu in the US.
For the sound-sleepers among you, you can listen back here. Jump to 45 minutes to hear me wax lyrical about the Chinese white spirit.
No-one's going to blow my trumpet for me, are they?
Whisk(e)y companies spend a lot of money and effort ageing their products for that premium taste....
PepsiCo created a stir last week with the news it is testing a product called Caleb's Kola, with some in the media claiming it was the beginning of a new “craft soda” category....
SABMiller's bid to widen the appeal of beer is very much in evidence at its latest 'House of Peroni' - with beer cocktails and a bigger bottle for the Italian lager brand on offer. ...
Spencerfield Spirit Co has added another flavour to its Edinburgh Gin liqueur range....
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo, SABMiller, the Scotch whisky category and the US wine market....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Time for Heineken to make a European break
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch