Blog: Australian Vintage, Constellation deal drawing near?
Chris Mercer | 25 March 2010
The departure of Australian Vintage CEO Dane Hudson may herald the endgame to a merger deal with Constellation Brands' wine arm down under.
Today's announcement that Hudson will leave in May clears the way for a new leader in a merged Australian Vintage and Constellation business in Australia.
Fuelling this fire is further news today that no permanent replacement for Hudson will be announced until "a decision is made concerning the potential merger with Constellation Brands".
Hudson leaves in May. Keep your eyes peeled, folks.
Chris Mercer, Deputy Editor.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends