Blog: Aussies sweating on alcohol bracelets
Chris Mercer | 27 May 2010
Australian authorities are musing over the use of alcohol bracelets that 'spy' on their wearers, as sported by Hollywood wild child Lindsay Lohan (there's a name I never thought I would write in this job).
The bracelets turn your own sweat against you, using it to monitor whether or not there is alcohol in your bloodstream. They can then alert police, or presumably a designated minder (your mum?), to come to pick you out of whichever ditch you happen to have fallen into.
According to reports, Australian authorities are considering introducing the chunky 'booze bracelets', which are intended for people likely to cause harm when under the influence of alcohol.
However, if you're an extra sweaty person then it might not work. "In parts of North Australia, there's a lot of sweating going on," Dr Herron told ABC News, expressing his doubts on the bracelets.
I'm hoping to get the alert system reversed, so that when alcohol is running low in my bloodstream a mobile barman will be dispatched to quench my thirst.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Gallo's vineyard footprint in California - The map
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Heineken snaps up Stellenbrau craft brewery
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends